What's new

Amazon BD "sale". Is it or isn't it? (1 Viewer)

chris_clem

Second Unit
Amazon just finished their Buy 2 get 1 sale on BDs and now they have a new one up.

Movies & TV: Disney Blu-ray Sale

The thing is, it's not much of a sale! Most of these titles can be had for the "sale price" on just about any day on Amazon! Anyone see any title here that's usually priced much higher on a non-sale day? Maybe the Pixar ones?

Really odd... I hope Amazon can do better than this on the next "sale"!

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator
Those titles look to me to be about $2-$4 cheaper than I see them regularly. Don't get me wrong, they are still too high and I, personally, refuse to pay that much for a catalog title (with a few exceptions). I think because BD prices are so high already, the "sale" prices often don't seem that attractive. I find about $15.00 for a single title is my tipping point, personally. That's probably why my collection is growing so very slowly.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Some of those titles were overpriced before. But they're still overpriced now. If a disc isn't less than $20, it is not worth calling it a "sale" imo.

$16 is what I look for.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The few that I wanted I picked up at my local Fry's a few weeks ago for $15 each. And because they were "upgrades" from their DVD counterparts, they qualified for Disney's $10 rebate. My net cost was $5 each, plus tax.

Disney will not honor this rebate if you purchased from an out-of-state retailer, like Amazon. At least that is what the rebate form says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peteo
Recent bookmarks