Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Amazon held a private, virtual press event today to announce several new products to its line of home electronic devices. The big push, though, is that all new Amazon devices will include a low-power mode to reduce their carbon footprint and reduce power consumption when not in use, and most older models will receive a firmware update in the near future to enable this mode.
Echo
The Echo line of wi-fi speakers has been re-designed, now with a spherical shape.

The Amazon Echo will retail for $99 with a new processing chip and AI algorithms for faster and more reliable voice command recognition and to better learn more custom commands. It will also have the capability of acting as the smart hub for all Alexa-enabled devices in your home.
The new Echo Dot and Echo Dot Clock share the same spherical...
Continue reading...

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
“The rapid-fire video presentation had a lot to take in, but through it all, there was one clear, recurring theme: Danger is everywhere; Amazon can make you safe again. Amazon’s vision for the smart home is an increasingly fearful one, in which intruders must be persistently fended off. Even previously innocent products like the Echo speaker now play a key role Amazon’s ever-expanding security push.

Sadly, it is a fitting vision for our current moment of fear and divisiveness.”

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I both want and will never put in my home the Ring drone. It’s such a wild, kooky, futurism device. But no way does a ring camera go in my house!

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Billman