What's new

Amazon adding charges after order? (1 Viewer)

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Has anyone else had this happen?

I made an order a few weeks back using only Amazon credit. A week later I received an email saying I owed an additional $1.46. I couldn't tell where charges were added, but ended up just adding more Amazon credit to the order. Now on my next order, also all paid with Amazon credit, I see from the order status that i owe another $0.11. A one time occurrence okay, but twice in a row? Also, even though a small amount, how can they change the amount for an order after it has been accepted by both parties?

I think the only reason this came up is that it was all paid through credit and they can't take more of my GC credit from my account. However, if this was paid through a credit card would they have just increased the charge automatically? I sent an email to Amazon for an explanation. I'm curious to see how they explain it.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Amazon needs to explain the charges, but the only thing for a US to US order would have to do with sales tax being figured incorrectly. Has you local sales tax increased/changed recently? Were these direct Amazon or 3rd Party purchases -- maybe a third party changed business address or shipped from within your state so Sales Tax applied.

I have heard of that often with international orders if the shipping company added a fee or some of teh pre-paid customs charges get added.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
What's also getting out of hand with them is that on certain items in the cart, the price keeps changing every 2 minutes whether the price is increasing, then decreasing and then going back and forth like it's some kind of see saw game and I've called Amazon out on this and they stated this would be looked into but nothing seems to have been done as this is just flat out bizarre for such a huge company like theirs.

I saw this happening for an The Office Web episodes DVD that has the price fluctuating and bouncing around between 1.99 and 3.99 and it keeps going all over the place ever two-four minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samtbax
Recent bookmarks