What's new

Amazon 50% sale on HD DVDs (147 titles) 2/2/08 (1 Viewer)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
A very big thank you for this. I thought I'd got all the HD titles I'd wanted from the set of currently released titles and was only casually looking through the list for a friend when I found Lost in Translation (which for some reason had slipped under my radar). One of my favourite films, and now on its way to me.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
These Amazon sales are killing me. :eek:

One HD DVD deal that isn't specifically listed. The HD DVD version of Flags of Our Fathers is $22.49 -- 44% off list and $5 less than the Blu-ray, which is Amazon's standard 30% off.

M.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I picked up Carlitos Way and Lost in Translation. Ive been looking for them in stores and havent seen them.

Thanks.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

I picked up Lost in Translation, and The Thing. I have been dying to see both in HD since I got my player:)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Best Buy's latest BOGO also only included 12 titles which I don't care about. (At least in the local B&Ms.) I'll check this out tomorrow when I get home.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"I picked up Lost in Translation, and The Thing."

The Thing looks really great. You should be happy.

I read LIT is a bit of a disappointment but I like the photography and great Tokyo scenary so Im interested to see that one.

Ive been to 4 stores in the area and none of them had Carlitos Way,LIT or Robocop (which I also want to pick up), yet the shelves are full of stuff like RV, Are We Done Yet?, Stealth,House of Wax, Ladder 49,Dukes of Hazzard.

And they wonder why HD software isnt flying off the shelves.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Maybe the titles you want are the ones that flew. From the list left on the shelves, I'd say the folks in your area have pretty good taste. ;)

M.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I'll agree that most of the stuff on store shelves is crap I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. I'm debating whether to get in on this sale, as I just sent off for my 5 free, which includes The Thing. Nothing else has really jumped out and said, "buy me!"

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Pretty good selection, I picked up 4. Since this is not "BOGO", I´m a bit reluctant to order more at the moment.. We´ll see.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Maybe the titles you want are the ones that flew. From the list left on the shelves, I'd say the folks in your area have pretty good taste."

Yea but they have gotten their copies after I got mine! :D

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I ordered The Last Starfighter for $15 but didn't see anything else I want. Besides the upcoming re-release of the Jack Ryan set and Twister, the only other titles I'm looking for in the near future are Terminator 2 and Mr. & Mrs. Smith, and I'll have to import those.

Paul Simmons

Stunt Coordinator
looks like they're running low on inventory of some of the titles.

Inside Man
Elizabeth
Scent of Woman
Seabiscuit
Ray
Lost in Translation
Out of Sight

All these movies have been changed from In Stock to "Usually ships in 1 to 3 weeks" :angry:

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Nice sale, but I already own most. At the price I was able to find 4 titles on my don't really need but would not hurt to own list. Cat People and Time Cop were among them.

The funny thing is, with the total lack of 'I gotta have it' titles announced for release on either BD or HD in the next few months, this sale purchase looks to account for 30 or 40% of the total High Def titles I will be ordering over the next 2 or 3 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks