What's new

Amazon 10% Discount on ALL Blu-Rays? (1 Viewer)

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Originally Posted by Man-Fai Wong And maybe some of us who were up, could have gotten in on the tail end of the deal.

A new thread just started has no subscribers yet and therefore no alert notifications go out to anyone but the lucky ones who happen to be reading the Forum section at the time or shortly thereafter.

Paul

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Originally Posted by Paul Hillenbrand And maybe some of us who were up, could have gotten in on the tail end of the deal.

A new thread just started has no subscribers yet and therefore no alert notifications go out to anyone but the lucky ones who happen to be reading the Forum section at the time or shortly thereafter.

Paul

Of course I would have posted in the bargains thread if I had seen it near the top of the list where it used to be. It was 4 in the morning, and it was "out of sight, out of mind", as they say. Man is right, it should be stickied.

dvdirv

Grip
Real Name
Irv Haas
What many of you may not have understood is that Amazon has been price matching Best-Buy's sale this week of 30% off all Blu-ray titles including pre-orders.

Amazon's new prices are basically matching Best Buy's new sale price with their 30% off sale.

I'm not sure there was ever an extra 10% off for these re-pricings. Did some of you actually see a 10% discount in your shopping cart?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by dvdirv

What many of you may not have understood is that Amazon has been price matching Best-Buy's sale this week of 30% off all Blu-ray titles including pre-orders.

Amazon's new prices are basically matching Best Buy's new sale price with their 30% off sale.

I'm not sure there was ever an extra 10% off for these re-pricings. Did some of you actually see a 10% discount in your shopping cart?

The 30% off was already indicated when you viewed the Amazon site on those titles so after I ordered my first BRD with that price point I noticed an additional 10% off in my shopping cart which brought the final sale price down to more than 50% off MSRP for certain titles. So the answer to your question is yes.

Crawdaddy

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Paul Hillenbrand And maybe some of us who were up, could have gotten in on the tail end of the deal.

Paul

Paul,
By the time this thread started you had maybe a 25 minute window to take advantage of this very brief discount. I didn't become aware of this thread until after I made my orders and knew the sale period had already expired.

Crawdaddy

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Originally Posted by dvdirv

What Crawdaddy said. In addition to the lowered BB-matching prices (which I was aware of), there was another 10% off in the cart. Checking my pre-orders, it's still there.

I'm sure some of you remember the promotion Amazon ran 2-3 years back, where you got 10% off all HiDef media for a year when you bought a BD or HD-DVD player from them. The expiration of my year was late 2007-early 2008, but the other morning it was like they accidentally flipped that switch back on for a few hours.

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
I just got the $10 of Monsters Inc. and Up. Up was just lowered to a more down to earth price of $23 to top it off.

To get the deal, go to the Up product page. Look for the "Best Value" section. You'll see an "add both to cart" button there to Monster's Inc. and Up to your cart with the $10 discount.

A Bug's Life seems to have dropped to $20 recently. Looks like Disney and Pixar are getting a clue.

Happy hunting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks