What's new

Amazon 10% Discount on ALL Blu-Rays? (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I was browsing this section early this morning and noticed in several threads there were posts about Amazon lowering prices on upcoming BD releases to match the BB sale. In particular I noticed that Star Trek TOS S3 had dropped. As I had not yet pre-ordered that one, I popped over to Amazon to grab it. Put Inglourious Basterds in the cart as well since it's coming out the same day.

The total for the two came to $76.98. When I went to checkout, I was surprised to see a "Promotion Applied" discount of $7.70 was applied, bringing my total to $69.28. Now, I'm not one to argue with a bonus 10% off, so I quickly placed the order.

On a hunch, I started checking other items. Every Blu-Ray I put in my cart automatically got a 10% discount (SD DVDs did not get a discount). Needless to say, over the last half-hour I have re-submitted all of my pre-orders at Amazon involving Blu-Rays. I got the extra 10% off on every single title.

One particularly good deal is the $10 off when you buy Monsters Inc and Up together. With the lowered prices, the $10 off, and the 10% on top of that, it comes to a grand total of $34.08 for both of these Pixar 4-disc sets!!

I haven't seen anything here about an extra 10% off on BDs at Amazon. There's nothing on the site I can find about this, nor have I received anything in e-mail from Amazon. I just wanted to give a heads-up here. I'm curious to see if everyone is getting this discount. Maybe it's some promo that will be announced later today (I did my shopping in the wee hours of the morning).

Anybody else see this??

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
No discount here. US shipping. I tried two different orders with different items (all pre-orders) but nothing.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Nope, I'm prime and didn't get it. I tried adding Star Trek season 3 to my cart to see if that activated anything but that didn't work either. Oh well.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Michael, thanks - I meant to make it a question to begin with.

I just tried a new order and no discount. Travis is probably right - must have been some kind of glitch, but it looks like they're going to honor it. I checked my order list and the discount is still showing on the orders I placed earlier this morning.

Sorry to raise hopes - I was sure I had stumbled on the beginning of a promotion. Mods, feel free to delete this thread or change the title or whatever you need to do. I should know better than to report on stuff that happens on the Internet at 4 AM...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That 10% discounted price was for a limited time only in which the promotion stopped early this morning. I made several orders earlier today and cancelled some previous orders prior to this thread. After going back to Amazon for one title I forgot to order, the additional discount had stopped which was about 6:30 a.m. ET.

I was able to buy the Harry Potter 1-6 boxset for 69.29 and several other new titles for 18.89. Those new titles are not any catalog titles, but films that had their theatrical runs in the last six months or so. Also, I was able to get catalog titles like "The Professional" for 15.29.

Crawdaddy

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
By the way, I've seen this promotion before on Amazon. The promotion notation stated it was a BN discount. I don't know if that means Barnes and Noble was involved or not?

Crawdaddy

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Crawdaddy, thanks for confirming. I thought I was going crazy...

How did you find out about the promo?? I just stumbled on it. I never received an e-mail or saw anything about it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Craig S

Crawdaddy, thanks for confirming. I thought I was going crazy...

How did you find out about the promo?? I just stumbled on it. I never received an e-mail or saw anything about it.
Actually, I just happened to come across it when making an order for a title that was reduced to 20.99. Pure luck, as I went through a frenzy ordering sequence for about an hour then cancelling previous preorders due to this lower pricing.

Crawdaddy

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Amazon is currently running a promotion on a number of Blu-ray preorder titles. North by Northwest, Inglorious Basterds, and others for $20.99. The Professional is $13.99. Pretty good prices, particularly if you have Prime or are ordering multiple items and can get your total over $25 to qualify for free shipping.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Guess I just missed the boat on that too. I was going to place an order for a handful of BDs last night (after the already-released ones got pricematched against BB w/ just a few preorder ones left to go), but decided to sit on it a bit and wait til today for all of them to get the pricematched before ordering. Oh well. Maybe next time.

The crazier-by-the-year BF/CM online extravaganzas (along w/ the usual DDD/DVDPlanet sale) are just another month away anyway. Plenty of great deals yet to come me thinks, which was partly why I hesitated to order last night.

BTW, while we're at it here, BB's online site is offering an extra $10 off for the combo of the new Star Trek BD preorder plus any one of the catalog ST BDs -- and they are *all* at the best going rates (and seems to allow in-store pickup). So you can effectively pick up the new ST BD + say Wrath of Khan or First Contact for ~$28.50+tax last I checked. I plan to do that deal myself.

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
BTW, I guess we've lost track of the old HD bargains thread now? Maybe we should start a fresh new one (and sticky it like was done before the software change)?

Just a thought...

_Man_

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford

Actually, I just happened to come across it when making an order for a title that was reduced to 20.99. Pure luck, as I went through a frenzy ordering sequence for about an hour then cancelling previous preorders due to this lower pricing.

Crawdaddy
Exactly what I did...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Man-Fai Wong

Hmmmm. You just posted in it about 10 days ago... What do they say...the mind is the first thing to go?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks