What's new

Amazon’s 25 all-time top selling DVDs . . . (1 Viewer)

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
. . . include some TV on DVD sets. As one might expect, theatrical releases dominated the list, but TV shows on DVD made a respectable showing.

The top “TV on DVD” set was season 1 of “Sex and the City” at #15.

Rounding out the top 25:

#19: “Band of Brothers”
#22: “Seinfeld: Seasons 1 & 2”
#24: “The Simpsons – Season 1”

Here’s the link for the full list:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...704171-7809702

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I have 18 of the top 25, and if you count the Ultimate Matrix Collection that would make 19.

I don't have Sex and the City Season 1 anymore, I don't have Band of Brothers, Any of the Harry Potter Films, or Saving Private Ryan.

I bought none of them from Amazon. I believe I have a friend that has all the DVDs in the top 25.

Joseph_S_Walker

Auditioning
Wasn't "Chappelle's Show" supposed to be the best-selling TV-on-DVD champ? I guess most people didn't buy it from Amazon. I'm also kinda surprised that "The Sopranos" didn't make the list.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I currently have 12, but I used to own another 4 that have since been removed during my annual DVD collection thinnings.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I have 23 of them. The 2 that I don't have are Sex and the City and Seinfeld. If I ever come into some disposable income, I'll pick up the Sex and the City sets, but never Seinfeld. Never been a fan of that show and never will be.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I don't still own all of the discs, but I've owned 23 of the 25 - everything except "Sex in the City" and "Band of Brothers"!

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Geez, the only one I don't have is Band of Brothers. Is it any good? Since I don't have any sat/cable/OTA TV here, I rely on word of mouth (mainly here) to decide what TV DVD to buy. All the other discs they mention I also happen to think are pretty good to excellent. So IMO not a bad list, no real dogs.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
I have 18 of the 25, the only one on the list that i dont have and will probably buy is Saving Private Ryan.

Dan_V

Agent
19 out of the 25, will probably eventually pick up Sex and the City but probably not the rest of the Harry Potter (I have the first)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
funny, S&TC and Seinfeld are the only ones on the list I have, and those are the ones nobody has here.

SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator
I have 20/25.

On my list to buy though is Gladiator & Braveheart.

No Matrix, Godfather or S&TC.

Still a very good list.

I wish they would do a top 25 TV on DVD and see how many of those I have

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:laugh: :D

Yikes! I've got 23 of 25! :b (No Simpsons or Sex & the City for me!) Guess I should be laughing at myself, too, Ric!

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia
I've got 18 of the top 25. No tv sets though with no desire
to purchase those particular ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks