Amazing what a little paint can do.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Before

After

All that's left is to replace the front storm door, paint the rails and install some new carpet on the step.

Oh, and airless electric paint sprayers are awesome. primed and painted the white portions of the house (and a garage behind the house you can't see) in one day with one. 2500psi pressure washer did the prep work the day before in less than 4 hours. Then it took me 3 more days to do all the trim

MikeSerrano

Second Unit
And from the looks of it:

a little removal of window awnings
a little removal of aluminum foil from windows
a little removal of worn out outdoor carpeting
a little replacement of windows
a little rain-gutter work

and as Jay pointed out, a LARGE removal of silver automobiles.

-Mike

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Well the down spouts are back now as it started raining today. The time frame difference on those pictures is about 2 years, and a year ago the windows were replaced and that carpet taken off.

The foil was there for a combination of keeping the house cool, and because the tenants downstairs don't seem to like sunlight much. The left window is a kitchen/living room and with A/C now installed, not needed. The right window now has a tenant that likes sunlight. The back bedroom in the basement still has its window all foiled though.

I was going to keep the awnings, just repaint them. But I like the way it looks with them off, have A/C now so they aren't really needed, and well, it's less work :p)

I didn't do the window or A/C install, but I did do the painting myself. So I'm sticking with it's the paint that makes the difference

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Looks great.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

There's gotta be a better option.

ClintS

Stunt Coordinator
I say no carpet on the steps, find a concrete guy to stain it for you (or DIY).

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I think the foil on the windows gives it a lovely "Were cooking Meth down here" quality.

All kidding aside, it is amazing what some paint can do. I'm in the middle of painting the interior of our house. It looks a million times better.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vikesfan1963