What's new

"Amazing Stories" season 1 coming to dvd July 18 (1 Viewer)

MattHR

Screenwriter
Pete--
I spent a little more time creating better covers for Night Gallery Seasons 2 and 3. I picked out some better, more colorful paintings that are easier to recognize, and (I think) are matched to their proper seasons. I also created individual frames for the paintings, rather than the generic ones on the previous covers. (They were "borrowed" from a website already "framed.")

http://home.mn.rr.com/starvinmarvin/...TEGAL2AND3.jpg

This should probably be posted in a NG thread, but I can't get the search function to locate any right now (probably due to forum's new software.)

EDIT: After much trial and error, I got the search function to locate the NG thread -- after having to scroll through about 20 pages to find it. I posted the covers there, too.

michael_ks

Screenwriter
Again, great work! I feel as though I could purchase the remaining sets for NG right now, so realistic is the box art presentation.

For anyone that wishes to see the release of seasons 2 and 3 of "Night Gallery", please send Universal a message using this link:

http://homevideo.universalstudios.com/dvd/MBright.html

oops--this was supposed to go in the "Night Gallery" thread.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
How come on the eve of this release, no one is talking about this? :confused:

I can't wait until tomorrow! I watched some eps on the Sci Fi channel today and the thing I found out about this show is, when it's good, it's very good, but when it's bad, it's very bad, a couple of those eps really sucked lol.

But, it's eps like Go to the Head of the Class(season 2), The Mission, Ghost Train and Mirror, Mirror that make these sets a must have. :emoji_thumbsup:

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
The only episode i LOVED was Mummy, Daddy. Damn that was so good! The Mission was fantastic...until the last 2 minutes. Then it turned to crap. IMO.
I do agree with your assessment John. Uneven, just like Night Gallery!

Jeff#

Screenwriter
The most amazing thing about Amazing Stories was its opening theme / montage. The animation was so well done, it's easy for today's generation to overlook that it was accomplished in a pre-digital era. Computer graphics back then were more expensive and used sparingly, and more so in the 1980s version of The Twilight Zone than in Amazing Stories.

A lot of the episodes never quite lived up to the show's name. But I enjoyed this series when it was originally on 20 years ago, and I'll probably buy them on DVD once I have some money to spare. :)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I doubt I would buy this for the simple fact that there are a large amount of episodes I didn't like in comparison to the ones I did, making it not worth the purchase, but those few I did like I would love to get on DVD.
Perhaps used, someday.

I'm surprised they remixed it in 5.1 - but it was interesting enough that the show was always in stereo to begin with. An "Anthology" of every episode's complete soundtrack is being released in volumes, with number 1 made available prior to this DVD release...maybe that's where the 5.1 remix comes in, rather than sound effects?

Based on a recent review (at andyfilm.com) even this show saw some music replacement, but in an unusual fashion:

The episode 'Alamo Jobe' featured an alternate, electronic/orchestral version of the John Williams theme in its original broadcast which was replaced by the standard theme used in every other episode for this DVD. Why they bothered to replace that is anyone's guess.

MattHR

Screenwriter
Costco is selling the set for only $30. It's packaged to look like a hardcover book.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks