What's new

Amazing Stories: Book 2 ? (1 Viewer)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
This has probably been posted somewhere....but i can't find it....any rumors on this one?

Jonathan Peterson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Peterson
I am really wanting season 2 of this show. Considering only 45 episodes were produced, I wish they had just created a Complete Series set.

Anyone hear if season 2 will be released?

Jeff#

Screenwriter
That's actually the worst episode, because it's a cartoon and Amazing Stories was supposed to be a live action series.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
You know, I can understand when a studio is hesitant to complete a dvd series, that has more than 2 seasons.Im sorry but this is ridiculous , only 1 season left, and they are taking forever to announce it ! Were sales of season 1 that bad ?

Van594

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
I don't understand it either. This is the third series in my top 5 wants that could be finished up very easily but haven't. Many of my favorites are in season 2, including my favorite "You Gotta Believe Me" with Charles Durning.

Hey Studios!... stop screwing with us!!!! Finish what you start.

The three shows I need:
1. Amazing Stories
2. Night Gallery
3. Dream On

oh and add The Outer Limits (new version) ...it's been a couple years now doesn't look good for that either.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
HEAD OF THE CLASS...would be a great Halloween view...but i realize, it's too late now to hear anything.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
i just thought i would start whining now, in hopes that "Head of the Class" might find its way to DVD by October of this year. Does anyone have any idea what might be holding this up?....lack of interest? Mr. S doesn't want it out?....or rights problems...?...ect?...etc?....

Jonathan Peterson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Peterson
My brother called me this weekend and said that season 2 is now available to watch on Netflix as instant viewing. I wonder if that means a DVD release is coming soon?

John*P

Second Unit
I am eagerly waiting for Amazing Stories: Season 2 on DVD. Let's finish the series already...

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
While I've been waiting patiently for Universal to release S2 (or "Book Two") on R1, an official S2 set is currently available on Amazon's Japan website. Universal has a very helter-skelter approach to their TV-on-DVD releases (i.e. 4-year gap between S1 and 2 of Night Gallery, verrry slow approach to Alfred Hitchcock Presents, etc.), so I'm thinking about buying this release for my region-free player. Has anybody bought the Japanese set?

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
The complete season 2 is apparently available in Japan and it is available for streaming in the US via Netflix. I hear a complete series set is available in Germany. Is there any hope at all that Universal will ever release the complete second season on DVD in the US?

Darby

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Originally Posted by Xenia Stathakopoulou

2 seasons only , and yet after all these years, there still stubborn on getting season 2 out on dvd.

Probably didn't make a profit on season one. I assume that's the reason why many tv shows gets abandoned. It's stating the obvious, I know...

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Originally Posted by benbess

Probably didn't make a profit on season one. I assume that's the reason why many tv shows gets abandoned. It's stating the obvious, I know...

I find it hard to believe it didnt make a profit. Universal released 2 seasons of Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew, that made more profit ? Im not knocking that show either because I bought them. It has to be something about music in the second season, just my guess.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think it all comes to down to how many copies they expected to sell. Since the Spielberg name is on Amazing Stories, they thought they'd sell more than they probably did but with The Hardy Boys, they had lower expectations and it presumably met them.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Travis, if thats the case , then they were wrong. Just because it has the Spielberg name attached to it , doesnt mean extra buys. The only people that were going to buy this, were those that saw it in its original run, or saw it in reruns and liked it. I dont think there was any blind buys, just for Spielbergs name.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks