What's new

Amazing race video (1 Viewer)

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
gives me goose bumps.....

Race

Can anyone explain the flashing red light ? Perhaps when flashing, it indicates "Insane turn ahead" !!!!

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Did anyone else think of War of the Worlds when watching this. I pictured Ray driving away to get somewhere safe and Robbie was doing his report for school in the passenger seat. :crazy:

Great video. I thought Rally Racing would be fun to do after doing it Gran Turismo 3 on PS2, but seeing an actual race, made it even better!

David Blair

Stunt Coordinator
Like CRyan said it could be wheel spin, which was my first thought, but it might indicate if the driver is either braking or accelerating.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I thought the red light told him when to shift gears so that he didn't have to take his eyes off the course to focus on the tach. Anyway, the driver certainly had a lot of trouble shifting gears - you could hear a bit of grinding during some shifts. Lost a significant amount of time because of it.

What kind of race was this? Looks like there was a navigator who didn't do a lot besides shuffle his notebook.

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
I think it is just a shift light. I use the same type of light attached to a tach in my race car (drag racing). It will light up at a given rpm that I set with a chip.

Laters,
Jeff

CRyan

Screenwriter
I thought that at first because my car does that as well, but it sure does not look a rev indicator due to when it is going off. I might be wrong though.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Put some headphones on and watch it again. You will see and hear, it's not a tach light.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
It's a rally race. That's what the navigator does. He has a notebook with the course information written down on it. He tells the driver what is coming up next.

That's no shift light. It didn't just come on at high RPM. It seems like a wheelspin indicator.

And, it sure didn't seem like the driver missed any shifts to me. :confused:

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I don't think the driver missed any shifts, it just appeared to me that he had trouble getting into gear and lost some time because of it.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I agree on the wheel-spin light... you can see it light up as he grabs some air on the bumps.

Very fun video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rvolkman
Recent bookmarks