What's new

Amazing Race Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Yeah I didn't see it in any ads either.:frowning: Guess I'm just gunna have to call on tuesday and see which place has the best price. Best buy has room to promote Britney & Kevin Chaotic, but no room for amazing race??:angry: I wasn't expecting it to be in there anyways because I know when the 3 previous survivors were released those weren't in the BB ads either. But they were in targets.

Nick=Ma

Stunt Coordinator
Out of the Target, K-Mart, Best Buy & Circuit City ads that were in my paper. K-Mart were the only ones that had it listed.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I was very ready to get this about three months ago--before I played catch up on GSN. Now it's a "later" buy. I am very happy, tho, that it is getting a release, and not bare bones either.

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
Target by my apartment dorm is selling it for $29.99 and only one copy is brought by the way so far...

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Picked up mine at Best Buy (although, seeing the price, I wish I had gone to Target)...

The set is four discs with each disc in a clear slim-line case. The cases are housed in a slipcover. My feeling is that the slim-line cases should be the standard for TV DVD sets

Just took a look at the set. I am having trouble remembering what took place in this race. So...I think I am going to enjoy it.

I can't wait until Season 7 is released later this year...

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Picked mine up at Target.Can't believe Best buy had it for $38.99! I have to say I really love the side trip feature! I like it because you don't miss any part. After you watch the clip it goes back to the beginning when the sign popped up. So you can click it at any time the sign is on the screen without missing anything.:emoji_thumbsup:

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I agree...I think that the footage should be available as a "bonus" feature allowing you to watch the separate scenes individually.

I'd have to say, though, that I am glad to get this show.

It seems like there is a fairly lengthy delay between the original airing of reality shows and the point when we finally get to see season sets released on DVD.

I find watching reality shows on DVD to be very compelling. It is odd...in a way.

Competition shows like this aren't supposed to have "rewatchability" value.

However, as I have watched this set, I have found it to be fast and entertaining.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The second sentence quoted is likely the reason for the first. As with season-set packages in general, there had to be a successful test case (probably Survivor or The Apprentice) before studios would try with other shows.

I don't necessarily see why competition shows wouldn't have rewatchability value, any more than other serial entertainment wouldn't be rewatchable once you know how the story ends - especially for shows like The Amazing Race or Survivor where the personality of the participants has more of an obvious impact.

Josh_HI

Second Unit

I guess so. I do hope they continue to include tons of deleted scenes on future sets. With over 90 minutes of new footage, this makes the Survivor sets look really, really bad on a bonus footage outlook.:star: Maybe they will get a clue now.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
It's interesting how most of the bonus footage is from the first half of the season, but it does make sense since there were more teams in the race at that time leading to more footage that had to be cut.

Nick=Ma

Stunt Coordinator

I also think that it had to do with the space they had on each disc. Because the later discs have more material and less bonus footage than the first two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks