What's new

Amazing Race: Family Edition (merged) (1 Viewer)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Just put up the Survivor Challenge, hoping to put the TAR challenge up soon but it could be a few more days, this one's a little more tricky with it being a Family Edition...

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Since I won last season I get the first pick.:D
(As discussed in the AR 7 HTF challenge thread)

I would like to pick the Schroeder family please.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Thanks again,

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Daniel,

Have you started the challenge or are these people jumping the gun? If it's on, I'd like the Linz family.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Some people are jumping the gun but since I won last season I get first dibs. :D
I just thought I would let Daniel know since he said he was working on it.

Everyone else has to wait as usual. (I presume)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Doesn't this edition start in 3 days? Where's the contest, Daniel?

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
The elimination is usually a pretty cruel TV moment, but making children cry just pushes it to an evil place. Phil looked really uncomfortable trying to squeeze some happy thoughts out of the boys.

I can't stand the Paolo family. They aren't at Johnathan & Victoria levels of hatred yet, but they're on the right path.

Having four people on each team is really annoying. It's going to be difficult to find segments where most of the team members aren't talking over one another.

And Carissa rocks! "Get used to it, dork." is the new "My ox is broken!" :D

Brad

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
That was a really slow-moving premiere.

This is only my second season, but I can already tell I'm not going to be a big fan of this one.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Well, it's sorta like The Amazing Race. Only louder, and with less flying. 4 person teams are just too much.

I think the Black family being eliminated was the saddest moment in TAR history.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Carissa is a 9yo version of Janelle. Played to the cameras the whole time and beat the older kids to the finish by a good margin.

Loved the part where the guys from earlier season said, "I'd like to be on their team" referring to the 3 blondes and an old man. :D

Otherwise really, really slow going. Still don't like the bunching. Why did they have to camp out?

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

So that all teams would be relatively close to each other for the start of Day #2. This is standard operating procedure for TAR as we all know. There's always some device where people are grouped together, be it a flight that doesn't leave for 12 hours, or a museum that doesn't open until 9 a.m. or camping on a hill and leaving within 1.5 hours of each other no matter how late you raise your tent.

:)

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
I agree, hated to lose the Black Family. Does anyone know when they leave North America. It is rumored that over half of the season is within North America.
Best
Greg

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I recognized the Delaware Water Gap NPS visitor's center when one of the family drove across NJ via I-80 instead of taking I-95 south. They went right to the visitor's center and realized it was closed. (This was due to the Delaware River flooding due to Hurricane Ivan in Sept '04). The visitor's center has been closed other than the foyer ever since. That is right by the border between NJ/PA in Worthington State Forest. Apparently, I think then the family drove south on one of the small roads in PA or NJ down. I-95 being the faster route cause Washington Crossing, PA is closer to Philly.

Jay

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Well, that was not exactly what I was hoping for.

Hopefully, it will pick up, but I found little to like so far. The teams are too large and driving around I-95 pitching a tent in a park in New Jersey will not wow any new AR viewers this season. Still like Phil though and there are certainly families that are set up to like and hate. Unfortunatly, at leasst one to like just left. That was sad.

Hope it picks up, but so far I fear the large team concept saps some energy and I hope I find a family worth rooting for which may hard to do since the larger teams make that tougher.

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator
I enjoyed the first episode for the most part.

I think the 4 person teams should make for some interesting and funny dynamics.

The Paolo team needs to go. Seriously. Their arguing was funny initially, but if they stick around much longer, it'll be like nails on a chalkboard.

I was sad the Black family was the first to go. Out of all the teams, they remained the most positive and encouraging to each other throughout...

~Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks