What's new

Amaray cases: free for the shipping cost to HTF Members (1 Viewer)

Tom Koegel

Stunt Coordinator
I just finished converting my extensive collection (1000+ DVDs) to space saving DiscSox. This leaves me with 700+ (I would guess) Amaray-type cases that I would hate to have rotting in the dump. (The snappers will have to rot in the dump, at least once I've got cover art captured from them.) I've got the usual assortment of standard cases, dual disc cases, etc., with the occasional oddball color thrown in (whites from Disney, a gold or red ocassionally, etc.) I would be happy to ship these out to any HTF members who would be willing to pay for the shipping. I obviously don't want to send these out in onesies and twosies--I really wouldn't want to ship less than a hundred or so per person, because I really don't feel like making up a lot of boxes. I currently have a couple of large boxes in the basement holding, I would guess, about 200 or so each. Let me know if anyone has an interest. Otherwise, I'll look into commercial recycling options. If anyone has any tips on that option, I would appreciate hearing them.

Tom Koegel

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the mail. (Although I feel really old . . . I had to go to google to figure out what YGPM stands for. :b)

My current mad scheme is to back them up in available sturdy boxes and then ship them out until they are gone, in order of those who have asked.

My wife is happier already with the idea that they'll be gone.

Tom Koegel

Stunt Coordinator
OK, these are all now officially gone. After another 7 years of DVD collection--I was buying DVD as of the first week in March 1997, although if memory serves, those were all snappers--maybe I'll have collected enough to make this offer again. Actually, I suspect I won't let them build up so much, so maybe in another year or so.

In case anyone reads this thread and is thinking about shipping empty cases, the absolutely perfect packaging is a case of import or specialty beer. John Besse will be getting a package of "Christmas Ale" from Sierra Nevada, neatly packed with two perfect rows (no extra space) of 32 or 33 cases. So now I can have symbiotic hobbies--watch more movies and drink more beer to make room for more movies to make room for . . . well, you get the idea.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks