What's new

Amadis label (1 Viewer)

Sathyan

Second Unit
How is the recording/mastering quality of Amadis CDs?

I want to fill some of the gaps in my classical collection and at $2.99 a pop this would be a cheap way to do it. That way I can splurge on the SACD & XRCD titles I really want.

I consider "Naxos" to be good enough but "LaserLight" is inadequate. Where would "Amadis" fall?

thanks
Sathyan

Brian E

Screenwriter
Amadis is a sub brand of Naxos. From what I was told last week they are re-releases of Naxos stuff where Naxos already has another version of the same piece. Something about them not wanting to have more than one version of the same piece in their Naxos brand catalog.

They're certainly cheap enough. I ordered 10 from ArkivMuisc and it was like $38 shipped. They should be here next week I hope.

Sathyan

Second Unit
Brian E,

I assume you've received your order by now. What did you think of it?

Sathyan

NP Cardigans Long Gone Before Daylight

Brian E

Screenwriter
Well, I haven't gotten through all of them yet. What I have listened to I've enjoyed quite a bit. The sound quality is good. As for the performances they sound great to me, but I haven't had a lot to compare them to yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks