What's new

Am I wierd? (1 Viewer)

Dave Borgman

Agent
Ok i bought an X1 and have not seen a rainbow at all. I do however see the screen door effect.
I'm assuming the screen door effect is seeing the actual pixels and it looks like your looking thru a screen door.
My screen is 13' from the projector and I also sit 13' from the screen.
I have a 100" diagonal 4:3 screen.

The screen door effect shows up mainly on light colors. Not noticeable at all on dark.

I don't have Avia or DVE but i did use the THX optimizer on Star Wars to set the contrast and brightness.

Would you get less of a screen door effect with a higher resolution monitor. I got the X1 for 900.00 but would think about going upto the screenplay 4805 when it comes out.

Dave

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Infocus X1 DLP projector with a SVGA resolution of 800x600 and yes, the higher the resolution, the less visible the pixel structure will be. I cannot see any from 8ft away on a 96" blowup.

Robert

Grip
I also have An X1.....
and do not see the screen door effect or the rainbow....
I must say that I have only "tested" the projector
on a wall so ......all may change once i move down to the
HT...hopefully not

Bob Maged

Stunt Coordinator
Why don't you try a very slight defocus. It works for LCD PJs like my Panny PT-L200. Viewed at 1.5X screenwidth, and with my vision corrected to 20/20, I see no screendoor effect. Maybe your eyesight is just too good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks