Am I using the Wega squeeze feature properly?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Charles J P, May 21, 2001.

1. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    I have a KV-32FS12 and I am connected to it with a Toshiba SD-2200 with componant video cables. I have the Toshiba video menu set to tell the DVD player that I have a 16:9 TV.
    I enable the squeeze feature on the TV for anything that is supposed to be letterboxed (whether its anamorphic or not) and disable it for anything that is supposed to be fullscreen (interviews, commentaries, TV series on DVD etc). Is this the propper use?
    Everthing looks right when I am doing it like this, but for some reason, I thought maybe I was only supposed to enable the squeeze on anamorphic DVDs... true or false? Everything sound right?
    My only other question is, I have way more times when I end up enabling the squeeze mode on the componant input since the DVD player is the only thing hooked up using that input (no multiple devices switched through receiver or anything). Is there anyway to set that one input to default to the squeeze mode?... then I would rarely have to turn it off for my few TV series DVDs or when I watch some special features.
    ------------------
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    My DVD "Profile"
    The start of my Home Theater website

2. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

Anamorphic squeeze is for anamoprhic DVD's only. The black bars on non 16x9 DVD's are already in place so you'll have a very interesting picture if you use it for them.
    The squeeze mode is not automatic on the 32FS12, you have to engage it via the setup menu whenever you want to use it.
    Jeff

3. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    This question has made me realize that I only have 2 dvds that are letterboxed and non-anamorphic. Guess I will have to play around with those 2 DVDs and see how the results differ from anamorphic discs. Anyone have a response about setting a certain input to default to squeeze mode?
    ------------------
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    My DVD "Profile"
    The start of my Home Theater website