What's new

Am I the only one who's excited over "Modesty Blaise" being released? (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
My heart skipped a beat when I saw on DVDfile that Fox will be releasing Modesty Blaise on DVD this summer. My most wanted unseen film on DVD, pretty much because I've been dying to see it for almost my entire teenage & adult life. I can't believe Fox is releasing this on DVD, I never expected that, at least not for many more years down the road.
Thank You Fox for making my month of May!

RafaelB

Second Unit
That's actually pretty cool. The Modesty Blaise strips were something I enjoyed reading in High School and I never thought I'd see the film, so it's pretty psych-inducing. :)
Rafael

Bruce F

Agent
Real Name
Bruce
Wow... had no idea there was a movie. Read the books years ago, knew they were based on a comic strip, but a movie. Hmmm... I'll have to pick this up!

PatrickM

Screenwriter
I loved this movie when I was a kid. I've only ever seen it cropped on a TV so it'll be interesting to see it on DVD. I still remember that tight black outfit she wore.

Pat

GerardoHP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerardo Paron
"Am I the only one who's excited over "Modesty Blaise" being released?"

Nope.

Even though this isn't one of my favorite movies, I'm always thrilled that a relatively rare, obscure, cult movie like MB is making its way to DVD, and especially if it's in a better-than-average edition, which I suspect this will be. Why? Because I'm one of those people who love many rare, obscure, cult movies from the 50's, 60's and 70's and this means someone's paying attention!

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Even though this isn't one of my favorite movies, I'm always thrilled that a relatively rare, obscure, cult movie like MB is making its way to DVD, and especially if it's in a better-than-average edition, which I suspect this will be. Why? Because I'm one of those people who love many rare, obscure, cult movies from the 50's, 60's and 70's and this means someone's paying attention!
That's exactly as I feel. It's the more obscure, rare & cult films, films I never expected to see on DVD, that give me the greatest satisfaction when I see them annouced for DVD. Films like Raiders of the Lost Ark or E.T. are a given that they will appear on DVD, it's just a matter of time. Films like Modesty Blaise take me by surprise because I really never expected to see it on DVD. Not only should we thank Fox for this, I think we should also thank Austin Powers too.:emoji_thumbsup:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
No, Jay, you are NOT alone! A big grin broke out on my face when I saw that Modesty was coming out this summer.
Like you, I don't worry about stuff like Star Wars, Raiders Of The Lost Ark and Grease coming out on DVD. They will more sooner than later, what's the hurry? It's those offbeat titles like Modesty Blaise that make the real collectors do a backflip!
Viva Vitti!

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
My local newspaper announced today that the Modesty Blaise comic strip is at long last coming to an end this weekend. The Detroit Free Press is the only U.S. paper still carrying it along with two in India and one in Australia. Has nothing to do with the upcoming DVD but I thought fans might be interested.
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks