What's new

Am I the only one who failed their first certification test at Network + ? (1 Viewer)

JasonD

Agent
Hey Folks,

I'm a bit bummed out right now. After studying for 3 weeks, I was 2 questions shy of passing the Network+ certification test. Basically I am attending a local night school for MCSE and we're starting on Win 2000 Server. Not to be too far behind, I decided to take my certification tests, starting with Network +. I can sit and talk about basic Networking all day but when it comes time to take the test, my mind shuts down.

Not to give up hope yet, I'm rescheduling the test in two weeks. Any advice and/or pointers for this test as well as the others in the MCSE curriculum?

Thanks.

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Jason -
Just a word of encouragement :) Tests are about performing to spec, and will not accurately measure anything outside of those specs. Don't be bummed. Get as many sample tests as possible to see what kinds of questions are being asked. This is the best way to score high marks in standardized tests. Once you get a feel for it, you'll ace it.

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Don't get bummed out. It's just a test. Just study study study. Do has many of the questions as possible in the books.

Jeff

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
The W2K server MCSE test is pretty hard, much moreso than W2K Professional. Since you were only 2 questions shy of passing, don't get too bummed - I'm sure you'll get it this time.
http://www.troytec.com has good study guides that has questions very similar to the MCSE tests. I think they're like $30 if you want to give that a try.
What were you using to study?

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
Hi Jason, I was in situation similar to yours this summer when I took my A+ and NET+ tests...I B-A-R-E-L-Y made the A+ Software test, but now that I've been playing with computers more-n-more, I bet I could go back now and do a LOT better on it.

The point is, the worst you did was waste 190 bucks, but you gained knowledge of what the test is looking for (in terms of knowledge, subject matter) and I bet you'll do just fine when you try again!

If you can take some more tests online, that seemed to be a big help for me. The let me know when I was completely clueless on a subject!

Good Luck, and post back with your results (if you go back and try it again)

~Rob

JasonD

Agent
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I found a lot of web sites with sample tests. They usually have 40-60 questions, each different from the other site. I've been scoring really well on them which leads me to believe that I suffer from some kind of anxiety attack before a test.

I actually go to tech school at night for MCSE and I'd like to get at least my Network + before we really get into Active Directory and such. I have a network set up at home which provides a good troubleshooting/training ground for me. I hope to bring good news the next time I take the test which may not be until the first week in January.

Ruben Zamora

Stunt Coordinator
Whats your major right now.
I'm majoring in CIS and when I finish I'd like to get my MCSE, A+, Net+ Certificats. I took a practice MCSE test and it seemed really easy. But you never know with these practice test :). Well anyway. All I can say is do a lot of practice problems. you can find TONS online. But in all honesty, if you were only shy by 2, I'm almost certain you'll pass the next time.

Jeff_smart

Auditioning
Dude,

I ain't sure how old are you, but try to focus away from networks! Here in toronto, WE HAVE MAD unemployment...

The ones who get cut first are technicans and access network admin's (1 can do the job for most networks)

Experience from Toronto

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks