What's new

Am I the only one who doesn´t care about the Olympics? (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
No you aren't. The Olympics aren't my cup of brew either. But here's to those who are overjoyed. Me? I have a lot of unscreened DVDs that deserve my attention. :)

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Hey, you've got my vote too.

The only event I could give a rats ass about is the Hockey, and that's 'cause I'm Canadian!

I never really cared about the Olympics. I can't really put my finger on it, it's just a lot programming that doesn't hold my attention.

Moe.

DanaA

Screenwriter
I agree. They're too delayed, too commercial, too political, and too much fluff. Still, I'll probably watch a couple of the skiing events, as well as figure skating.

James Zos

Supporting Actor
I'm sick of sports coverage in general. The round the clock, 7 day a week orgy of coverage and play-by-play makes my brain go numb.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'm big on bobsledding and the other related events :) At least in the Olympics they aren't being paid for the most part. It's once every 4 years, and while I turn off all of the ice skating (sans Speed skating) I find the Winter games interesting. The summer games never show the good stuff, so I don't watch much of those

Don Black

Screenwriter
The Olympics have lost their luster gradually over the last 10-15 years. Inexpensive (relatively) and easy travel have made international trips routine. So the idea of exoticism that surrounded prior Olympic games is now gone. The games themselves, however, as a commercial entity have never been more valuable.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I find them annoying actually. I can never find anything good on TV during the Olympics. :angry:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The only thing I'll probably make time for is the women's skating, that's about all. Well, maybe the Eddie-the-Eagle event, the ski jump.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was never a fan of the Winter Olympics, therefore, the only event I have a little interest in is women's figure skating. Since the Peggy Fleming days, I always had a thing for watching some hot women on ice skates.:)
Crawdaddy

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
Since the US is not as competitive in the Winter Olympics I don't watch much more than the Woman's and Pairs skating. I do watch the Summer Olympics more since the US generally has a much more competitive presense. Unfortunately the events I like in the Summer aren't usually televised (Judo, Fencing, and the Pentatholon).

Kenneth

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Well, the Olympics ain't football. :D I'll watch a bit of it here and there since the winter games only come around every four years. I'm most interested in the hockey.

Ellen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ellen
I too have no interest in watching the olympics. I am particularly pissed because they mean that I have to go two weeks without watching my normal NBC prime time programming.
But just out of curiosity, for you folks saying that you'll watch the ladies or pairs figure skating, why will you not watch the mens figure skating? Seems odd, unless your motive is to see chics with big legs and big butts in short skirts and not to watch the skating itself ;)

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
The Olympics are really boring, at least the winter ones. I like the long ski jump event though, but I am not going to mark it on my calender. Living on the west coast I just refuse to watch it because it is tape delayed... again. I hate NBC for being the greedy half point better rating time delaying jerks. The have lost NFL, Nascar, NBA, MLB, and anything else of quality they have ever had, but they got the Olympics and Notre Dame football, so who am I to criticize? Looks like they are doing a real bang up job. And like everyone else, the hockey is nice as well, except when your team destroys a hotel after bowing out in the first round. :D

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
The only things I care about in the winter Olympics are hockey and figure skating. I have no use for the rest of the events or the summer Olympics in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks