What's new

Am I the only one who could care less about extras? (1 Viewer)

Oscar

Second Unit
In general i love extras. My favorites are bloopers, audio commentary and REAL documentaries. I enjoy deleted scenes when they are in a full quality presentation.

But its sad that lately studios have been filling up their DVDs with interactive bullcrap (Harry Potter, anyone?).

Yet,i think that the real important thing is the movie and the quality (both audio and video) presentation of the movie.

My favorite extras are the ones in the "Moulin Rouge", "Episode 1", and "A.I.".

With most of them, not being any kind of promotional crap.

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
The movie's the thing. Extras are icing on the cake. If it's that good rich buttery icing, I'll take the time for it. If it's that fluffy sugar/air icing, forget it.

Or, as someone else said, the substantive & informative extras are nice when I have the time. The promotional fluff is a waste of time. I usually don't care for deleted scenes because usually it's all too apparent why they were deleted in the first place. I really don't care about watching a trailer for a film I've seen. (For that matter I don't even care about trailers for films I haven't seen because trailers usually misrepresent the movie anyway.)

The presence or lack of extras will never be a deal-breaker for me. Just give me a good presentation of the movie.

GrantM

Stunt Coordinator
I'm much more inclined to buy a borderline-purchase disk if it has good extras. I love going through all the extras on discs when i have time.

And i would have lost my sanity by now without commentaries. My commute home can be up to an hour and 45 minutes long. I have listened to many a dozen commentaries on my portable DVD player through the tape deck adapter. Even if the commentary isn't up to par, it's better than radio or CD's i've listened to many a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks