What's new

Am I the only one who can NEVER find what they're looking for at Circuit City!? (1 Viewer)

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Seriously...I perfer to go to Circuit City because I have one in the town where I live. My closest Best Buy is about 20 minutes away, in Worcester. I don't have a problem with making the drive there to get what I want, but I just see no reason why Circuit City can't compete with their selection.

The thing is, it's not as though I'm looking for rare, niche titles. My most recent example is going in Tuesday to pick up Millennium Season Three. Naturally, it wasn't there and the clerk had no idea what I was talking about. It's not the first time this has happened. A few months ago, I went in to get Tales From the Crypt S1 and again, it wasn't there (let alone Anchor Bay's release of Freaked that was out the same day-but as I said, I wasn't expecting that).

I went in about a month ago with a friend who wanted to get Roswell Season Three on the day of release and of course, it wasn't there and the clerks argued that it wasn't out yet (naturally, it was on the shelves at Newbury Comics and Best Buy).My frustration goes a long way back...hell, they didn't even carry the Star Wars Episode III soundtrack on its release day!!

I'm basically to the point where I refuse to waste my time in shopping there. I realize that others have problems with Best Buy, but I've never had any sort of worry when shopping there (I just got Millennium there today). So, do I just have a terrible Circuit City in my area or does anybody else think that as far as DVD/CD sales, they're a freakin' joke?

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Fortunately, I have a choice - the nearest Circuit City's and Best Buy's are both about an hour away.

I can't stand Circuit City either. I've gone there several times because of an advertised deal and not only couldn't find the title, I found no evidence that it was ever there. The clerks are rarely any help. I would be ticked off at their policy of tucking most box sets behind the counter, also, were they not so expensive.

So, thumbs down for CC from me, too.

Mike Selis

Grip
I agree that is can take as long as ten minutes to find a DVD. I have gone as long as twenty minutes before somebody asks me if I need help. Catalog titles are always priced at about the same price as MSRP. If you buy movies as often as I do, even differences in the neighhood of $2.00 can add up to several hundred dollars a year. I only shop there when they have the lowest price release week or something is on sale. However, many of the sale items I can only find in P&S, so I end up leaving empty handed. It is too expensive to shop there for titles that are P&S, when I know that WS exists, or to replace VHS copies that I own.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I gave up on CC a long time ago. For me the problem is also how they stack their dvds (front to back, instead of side to side, making it impossible to find a title without going through stack after stack, especially since their categorization and alphabetizing are both slipshod. Even when I'm at Best Buy which is in the same shopping center, I don't go into CC anymore. On the rare occasions when they have a great price, I get Wal-Mart to price match it.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I have a problem finding older DVDs at CC. But I usually look only if I'm there for another reason these days. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks