What's new

Am I the only one hoping for a DVD release of "Made in Heaven"? (1 Viewer)

Dan Clark

Stunt Coordinator
I never see anyone talk about this film, yet it is one of my all-time favorites. Timothy Hutton and Kelly McGillis meet each other in heaven but will they meet each other on earth? Great supporting roles and cameos by a lot of folks as well. I couldn't help but be reminded of this movie when I saw an advance screening of "Serendipity".

Gavin_L

Second Unit
hum, sounds good, might have to rent it on vhs at a rental store. since it reminds you of "Serendipity", i think i'll have to check it for sure

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
I too would like a DVD of this movie. From what I can see, this looks like a Scope film, and there was never a widescreen release on any home video format. Too bad Warner would probably release this one about the time hell freezes over.

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
By the way, if anyone has the LD of this release, i would be more than willing to buy it from you at a reasonable price... the VHS tape i found has horrible sound.

Jason_J_C

Auditioning
Kind of an old topic, but my desire to buy this thing on DVD in OAR is still going strong. It's the last VHS i have to convert over to the format... and what the hay... If I have to... I'll learn how to transfer film, compression, and offer to author this thing myself if I have to! Bring it on Warner... just the cameos by Neil Young, Ric Ocasek, and Tom Petty should be enough to make it a slight consideration for the 2004 release schedule.

PeterSOB

Grip
I would love to see a DVD of this film as well-especially if they could include all the footage that was taken out of it (including the original ending). However, since it is a marginal title and since Alan Rudolph himself isn't too keen on it, I wouldn't exactly hold my breath over it appearing anytime soon.

Jason_J_C

Auditioning
I wasn't aware there was an alternate ending, or a lot of cut footage for that matter. Does anyone have more information about this? It's impossible to dig up any dirt on this film. Also, it's just my opinion, but Alan should be proud of this work and consider pushing for a release.

Dan Clark

Stunt Coordinator
Hey...it's cool to see some action on this old thread. I think this movie was a bit of a sleeper first time around. Since it didn't get much buzz, no one really knows about it, and thus no one is really clamoring for its release. Too bad, as it is a nice little film with some great scenes. Also had some good music with original songs by REM, Ric Ocasek, Martha Davis (singing Neil Young), and a very neat score by Mark Isham.
I too am interested in the original ending and cut scenes, so if anyone knows what they are, give... :)
Cheers
Dan

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
I was hoping there'd be enough votes on Amazon.com's Warner thingy a few months ago, but no dice. Of course, the fact that they forgot to add it to the list for a while (until i bugged them) didn't help.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I'm actually one of the few who really enjoyed this movie. It had a very unique feel and tone to it. I didn't realize it wasn't out on DVD yet. Wow.....

Jason_J_C

Auditioning
The last I heard on this, there was a survey from Warner on which titles to release and this was one of the ones that could be chosen, which I did. Unfortunately I cannot remember how I took that survey. I believe it was through amazon.com because there was a link to be notified when it gets released and it linked to Amazon's page for this movie on DVD. Although it states that it is not released, there is a notify box which is a little hope at least. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005JP4O/

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
I am going to keep bumping up this thread until something happens, damnit.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Made In Heaven has a lot of charm and it's okay I guess.
Alan Rudolph directed better films, important films, when he first started experimenting with narrative structure. I would like to see Welcome to L.A. (1976), Remember My Name (1978), and Trouble In Mind (1979) released on DVD with commentaries and supplements. These films represent the finest of late 1970s cinema and define what "ensemble" acting is all about. To let these fine films stay buried is nothing short of an artistic crime.
I would like to see his UFO thriller, Endangered Species, given the respect it deserves on DVD.
Choose Me and The Moderns are available on DVD, both are fine examples of Rudolph's work if anyone is interested.

Peter Raber

Stunt Coordinator
I saw this movie back in the theatres. What was that 20 years ago? It was a good movie with real charm. Plus, it had Neil Young. What more could anyone want?

Sign me up for a release on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks