What's new

Am I the only one drooling over MOH for PS2?!?! (1 Viewer)

Jason F.

Stunt Coordinator
I just received this months Gamepro in the mail and it had a review of Medal of Honor for PS2 in it. It had all perfect scores!!! I can't wait for this game!!! It also said this is one of those game like Halo that raises the bar for other games.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Gamepro obviously have different opinions to Edge then. They gave it 5/10, and complained that it was boringly linear, lacked the sense of immersion that Allied Assault had, and certainly wasn't even close to the wonder that is Halo (which they did give 10/10 to). Generally, they thought it was just like more MoH:Underground levels, but with slightly better graphics (though still not good enough to stand up to comparison with what PC and X-Box are doing with FPSs.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Edge is probably Britain's most respected games magazine, and certainly the only one aimed squarely at adults. They are renowned for being hard to please (giving MoH:Allied Assault 6/10 didn't exactly endear them to the PC gaming people, for instance), but are usually fair.

Part of it is Edge's opinion that dedicated gamers usually have several systems, and they are a multi-format mag, so while Frontline may be one of the best PS2 FPS games, to score highly in Edge it still has to compete with the likes of Halo and Half-Life.

Jason F.

Stunt Coordinator
I checked a few other magazine sites and EGM had it ranked a 9.4/10 they also had a section that readers reviewed the demo to the game and almost everybody had it ranked a 10/10. Do you mind posting a link to that review, so I can see why they didn't like it? Thanks :)

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Sorry Jason, they don't have their reviews online. Its a print mag only. Its worth remembering that their harsh policy means that 5/10 does really mean 'average', unlike other magazines. So if you already like your shooters, you'll probably find things to like, but you shouldn't make this your first FPS, as plenty of better ones exist.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Sounds pretty good. I'll be waiting for the Cube incarnation later this year. It's not too far off on GC, is it?

Dan

Jason F.

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't see a Cube version on the horizon but I do know that an Xbox version and GBA version is due out later this year. And Iain, no it wouldn't be my first fps. I have had many, the are my favorite type of games. :D

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Historically, it seems that Europeans and Americans have different opinions on what makes a good game. I can't really quantify it, but it doesn't surprise me that a UK mag had a different opinion than a US reviewer.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Jason, X-Box is getting Allied Assault. Cube IS meant to be getting Frontline, this was announced recently, I just forget when it can be expected.

Dan

The current issue of the Official Playstation Magazine has a playable demo of Medal of Honor: Frontline if you don't mind shelling out $8.99 for it. I was very impressed with the demo, but unfortunately it times out after fifteen minutes of play...

Jason F.

Stunt Coordinator
Rich I almost picked it up with my ten dollar gift card at Best Buy. But I decided to use that towards the purchase of the game.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Well I for one was disappointed with the DEMO. I love the MOH series but the demo was graphically sub-par to other FPS games.
Of course it looks better than PS1 MOH games but I was hoping for a better graphical overhaul. Maybe the finished game will look better than the choppy, slow pixelated demo.
I will buy the game regardless.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks