What's new

Am I stupid for considering KLH bookshelves for surround back speakers? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
My reasoning is that since there's so little surround back info, can I get by w/ some small KLH bookshelf speakers from Best Buy, or do you recommend something more full range? My receiver is a Sony DA4ES. Thanks.

John S

Senior HTF Member
So little back surround info????

If your running 7.1 or 6.1 this should get you by.

DTS-ES will suffer some though.

AaronJB

Second Unit
If you're seeking inexpensive speakers for back surrounds, I'd recommend Wharfedale WH-2 bipoles. They're available at bestbuy.com or amazon.com for $99 a pair.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
First: what is the rest of your setup?

I don't understand what that is supposed to mean. It's pretty much all the same thing.

IMO, if you have a nice setup, you don't want to add really crappy speakers "just to get 7.1." If you have an equally crappy setup, i guess it might give you some nice effects. Though that may be spent better upgrading other areas...

terence

Supporting Actor
Hello Kevin my fellow At-alien,

I also own a 4ES, I agree with ChrisWiggles you do have a nice set-up, adding the KLH's will put them out of their league. I would do a serach on the net for some quality speakers that will match close as possible to what you are already using. Doing this will give you a better sound transition (timber) from the fronts.

When looking if you can't find any matching Paradigm's find speakers with the same tweeters (silk, metal etc) to get a close match.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks