What's new

Am I right about this one? (1 Viewer)

Paulus

Agent
Today I went RPTV shopping and something hit me, the places that sold the Toshiba HX line had the 42H81 and the places that had the 50H81 didn't. Is this a coinsidens or a general policy from Toshiba?
As a sidenote the Goodguys tried to sell me the 40H80, I think, last years model for the clearance price of $1999 when they had the 42H81 in stock but not on the floor for the same price. :)
------------------
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...alias=BLUEPAUL

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I see those 'good guys' are not so good after all! No, that wasn't a cowinkydink about the sets, but I think that it would be more of a store policy than Toshiba's.
Actually, I can't blame the guy for trying to get rid of last years sets, but that was a little steep if you ask me. It should be closer to $1K. Gee, this might be a good way to get 'the rest' started on widescreen. If a 40" set ran for 1K, they'd quickly close them out.
Glenn

Han

Second Unit
Paulus, I think it's a concidence.
The place I went to yesterday, Belmont in Northern VA, had all three (50HX81, 50H81, 42H81) in stock among other Toshibas.
Another place in Norther VA, Erol's TV, had the 42H81 and 50H81 when I last visited them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks