Am I living a lie? (funny e-tail experience)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken_McAlinden, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    I took a look at Amazon.com to see if there were any reviews of the DVD of the miniseries "Life with Judy Garland - Me and My Shadows". On the left side of my screen in the "The Page You Made" recommendation, the book "Better Gay Sex" was recommended to me. I'm pretty sure I am still straight (I did not find the man on the cover attractive, at least), but this does say something about Ms. Garland's continued popularity in the gay community. [​IMG]
    Regards,

2. Rain

Rain Producer

That is rather amusing.
    I did the same search on Amazon, but never got that book recommendation. Perhaps they know I'm already adept at the topic. [​IMG]

3. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    I previously did a search of Garland movies available on DVD, and browsed through them, so maybe the recomendation was an accumulation of all of those. The music store recommendation is currently "Ultimate Manilow". Frankly, I have no problem being mistaken for gay, but being mistaken for a Barry Manilow fan makes me so angry that I may very well be suffering from Manilowphobia. [​IMG]
    Regards,

4. Rain

Rain Producer

"Her name was Lola. She was a showgirl..." [​IMG]

5. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

I hate their recommendations. I ordered a relgious book for a friend (Desecration), and looked at popcorn poppers. Thus, it recommended me What Women Want?!?
    And it drives me crazy because of how anal I am. I will sit and look at stuff I have no interest in to fool into thinking I have good taste. I'm not kidding. Sitting for 20 minutes browsing through Russian literature just so a computer thinks your smart is some sort of sign of the apocalypse, I just know it.
    Current Recommendation: Love is Here-Starsailor (CD)

6. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

I'm not sure what triggered it, but I once got a bunch of recommendations for vegetarian cook books. I'm a strict carnivore and thought it rather amusing [​IMG]
    Although of late, Amazon has become almost frightening in its ability to pick appropriate matches for me (this morning was Evil Dead (which I have), CHUD (which I have), and Cat in the Brain (which I want)).

7. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

8. Sarah S

Sarah S Second Unit

I bought the Teletubbies dvd for my sister-in-law & now I have all sorts of reccomendations for the toddler set. This would be less annoying if I actually had children.

9. Bob McLaughlin

Bob McLaughlin Screenwriter

Bob
    My wife once did a web search for "Errol Flynn" and came up a a whole slew of gay websites. Strange.

10. Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger Screenwriter

My recommendations was for Pearl Harbor and Evil Dead. My Book one was for Conversations with Brando. My Video Game one was for Grand Turismo 3. The only one even close was Evil Dead. While I like Brando as an actor, I doubt I'd buy the book. I abhor racing games. And I have no desire to see Pearl Harbor. Oh well.