What's new

Am I getting A Good System? (1 Viewer)

Nick Marsh

Auditioning
I am about to take the plunge. I am about ready to settle on four RF-3II speakers for the front and rears and an RC-3II for the center. I have really been torn on the sub. The SVS 20-39, Adire Rava, and the HSU VTF-2 have all been my choice at one point in my decision process. Yet, I am now ready to get the Hsu VTF-2. I am most interested in music so I hope this system is the one for me. I hae a 16 x 16 room and I believe these speakers are about the right power for my needs. I like the looks of the PSB Image 6T's and the Axiom Millennia M60ti's, but I did not find enough feedback on these to make them my picks. I think I am getting the Kenwood-VR510. I had thought I would get the Denon 3802, but the Kenwood seems nice enough with many features and is somewhat cheaper. Would the Denon be that much better than the Kenwood? Also, am I doing the right thing in getting rears the same as the mains or would Klipsh's RS-3II's surrounds be better? I am still interested in some final thoughts anyone might have.

Nick Marsh

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
If your room is 16x16 square, you're already off to a tough start. Looks like you made some good choices except I have heard that the Rava is more musical than the VTF2. I haven't heard either, but going off of other's opinions, that's my conclusion but you will be happy with either. The Denon will be a better investment than the Kenwood.

KevinGS

Stunt Coordinator
Good luck with the square room, you'll need it.

I myself am getting the Axiom M60, I found they sound tighter and clearer than the Paradigm Monitor 9v2.

I would get the M80s but I am getting such a great deal on the 60s that I can't refuse.

kevin

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Most of these questions are like asking, "am I going to like a BBQ chicken pizza?" The answer is only something you can provide.

You can't make decisions in a vacuum, get in home auditions if at all possible. Yes of course get matched speakers. But which ones? Well, the ones that sound best to you.

Don't buy a system for a 16X16 room unless you plan on spending your life in one. Just buy a system that sounds good.

Contrary to all the hype there isn't a ton of difference between receivers in the price range you talking about. Denon is always a safe bet, and will possibly have higher resale value than Kenwood.

I have a DIY isobaric version of the Rava and it sounds pretty good. The 12" shiva will move alot more air than the 10" driver in the HSU

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks