What's new

Am I crazy!? (1 Viewer)

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I've playing an Xbox game called HALO on my Marquee 8000 PJ! Am I crazy? I know that a few of the static images on the screen can cause burn in so I make sure to put up a grid or something every once and a while to change the image.

What do you guys think? Should I even be risking such a thing or are the steps I'm taking (Low Contrast/Brightness settings) reducing any chance of that. I don't play it any longer than 2 or 3 hours MAX and I change the display multiple times during that time period.

(It's just that it's so damn gorgeous on the big screen!! Not to mention that it's in 5.1!)

Jeff Leeds

Stunt Coordinator
As long as you don't walk away for hours at a time with the static menu sitting on the screen I think your fine. I've been using Playstation and PS2 on a bigscreen for 2+ years now with no problems. My solution to the burn-in problem is that anytime I have a static image on the screen and the phone rings or something causes me to pause for more than say 3 minutes I just shut off the TV.

You're fine, just shut it down if you're not using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks