Am I crazy?(please lie :) )

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chad Isaacs, Sep 14, 2001.

1. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

Actually,this is the deal...
    We are having to move to an apartment the first of next month.Turns out our sub division got sold to clarion health and is being built into a hospital...go figure.
    Anyway,I sketched the floor plan using paint shop last night.I then went in and layed out where my a/v gear will be placed with no regard to everyday living.Luckily it looks like it will be managable.The apartment certanily is not layed out good for a home theater but I think I found a way to make it work.
    It will work much much better when I get my fp here in a few months however I will have a sliding door to cover and a window in the dining room to cover.Other than that,the othre windows are in the bedrooms so I should be fine with being able to control the light.
    I think I will go ahead and get started on light control now.I think I will simply make a frame to fit around the window and sliding door and wrap the frame with black out material and then hang a curitan rod on the frame and put some curitans on it.Then using self adhering velcro along the wall around the window and on the frame I can just mount it when needed..or shuold I say,unmount it when I need to go to the patio.
    Will black out material and curitans be enough?
    Also,The apartment is downstairs and I think it is on the end but not sure(its not ready to be seen yet)Would it be best for me to run my main speakers(klipsch sf-2) large,rehook my shakers and either put my svs behind the couch so its not as loud or just store it away for now?I have never had a decent audio set up in an apartment before So I dont really know what I am up against.
    Sorry its so long...I just dont have much time...2 weeks or so.
    ------------------
    My dvd collection
    http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...?alias=cisaacs

2. Perry Jonkheer

Perry Jonkheer Second Unit

I live in a first floor apt. much like yours. I am not going to lie.. You are crazy. That is some serious equipment you've got there. I don't have half the system you do and my neighbors hate me. However, you can make it work. It took me about 6 months to have everything laid out properly in my apartment, but I got it done.
    ------------------
    -- Chicago is New York done right. --

3. Norm Strong

Norm Strong Stunt Coordinator

No, you're not crazy!
    (Was that a good enough lie?)
    ------------------
    Norm Strong ([email protected])

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I live in an apt. and I get complaints, specifically about the bass...
    You are crazy.
    ------------------
    All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
    to live beyond it's income.
    ITRCA ** Speedring (sorry, car guy)

5. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

6. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    I live in a 3rd floor apartment, I have paradigm monitor 7s and an SVS 16-46CS and have never received one complaint.
    ------------------
    My Website: http://www.hometheaterfanatic.com
    e-mail me: [email protected]
    My DVD Profiler
    Paradigm Lover
    Donate to keep the Home Theater Forum up and running

7. Mark Brewer

Mark Brewer Stunt Coordinator

In the words of King Arthur... "Your a looney"
    Welcome to the club.. My wife thinks I'm crazy
    I live at the end of the building in our complex of two story townhouses, which helps. The lady next down has 4 kids and I let them watch movies with my kids so no problem. She actually plays her music loud so I have no problem cranking it up a little. But now my neighbor has moved away but has still kept her townhouse, so I can crank all day long!!!
    Most people as usually acepting in my experiences. Just Invite them over for an open house and dazzle them.
    Mark B