What's new

Am I completely crazy....? (1 Viewer)

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
Yes, there are a few people on this planet that like the film "Space Jam", and I am the other one. I finally picked up the 2-disc special edition on DVD, after having the AC-3 LaserDisc since it's release. I started to watch it tonight, and was vastly underwhelmed by the audio (absolutely no presence, LFE, etc), not to mention that the video was, shall we say, quite average. I put the LaserDisc in, and the AC-3 soundtrack sounded about one hundred thousand times better.... and the video was not that different. I keep all of my video titles on a custom Access database, and when a title is upgraded, I mark the older version as 'retired', and I note the reason (ie. supplemental stuff not on the newer release, etc). This is the first time where I actually retired the DVD version in favor of it's LD counterpart. Am I completely daft?

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor
I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but at an industry convention a panelist said that the movie was completed digitally, stored on a hard drive, and that the files had gotten corrupted. So who knows what source they used to make the DVD.

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
That makes sense. I had also read that the DVD copy had a "slightly extended director's cut" on it. Does anybody know anything about this? If that's the case, then neither version will be retired (I keep all different versions of a film, too.... yes, I need professional help :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks