What's new

am/fm portable w/ very good am receptiion is what i'm looking for. (1 Viewer)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Well, I just upgraded to the C.Crane radio from a Superradio (9 year old).

The main difference, as would be expected, is the digital tuner and presets. It makes getting the stations I want a piece of cake. Well worth the price if you can afford it. I don't know why they didn't just build a handle on it though.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
My 2004 Subaru can pull in Kentucky, Atlanta, Montreal, and, on a really good night, Minneapolis and Dallas! All that from a Clarion re-badge with an antenna in the rear quarter window!

But shortwave is a blast! I love listening to the BBC, DeutscheWelle, and countless other stations from around the world.

You can hear clandestine rebel stations from South America, Asia, and Africa; very very alternative news from Europe; even numbers stations used by intelligence agencies and terrorist groups to give instructions to agents in the field -- and the occasional jamming attempts by counter governments.

Shortwave is like no radio you've ever heard and the numbers stations, man they can creep you out on a dark night like nothing else. Just knowing that somewhere out there someone is receiving mission orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks