What's new

Amélie (Canadian SE) delayed? (1 Viewer)

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
The last I heard was that it was coming out on April 30 in Quebec, and on May 7 in the rest of Canada. (This information was supposedly from a reliable source at TVA.) However, I haven't found a single store in Montreal that has the SE version. Has anyone had any luck finding it?

Andrew Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I just checked Future Shop's website, and it shows the normal version coming out today, and the SE coming out next week. Maybe they delayed the Quebec street date.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Yes, it seems that the Quebec street date has been delayed until May 7. :angry:
Jean-Michel, you are correct. The "English" version you are referring to is the Alliance Atlantis release, which streets on July 16 (same date as the US Miramax version). There are two "French" versions released by TVA: a regular edition released today, and an SE (the title in question) which has been delayed until next week. All of these editions are available throughout Canada (none of these are Quebec-exclusive).

Andrew Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
So will there be a deluxe packaged version as an English release? I really like the idea of a photo album.

Eric Sevigny

Stunt Coordinator
I have heard that the SE has been delayed to May 7th, but the single disc edition is supposed to be out now. I rented it on tuesday, but haven't checked the stores for it. A word of warning : it features unskipable Bordeaux Wine publicities and more then a couple studio logos when you start the disc. Aside from that it sounds and looks good.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Actually, the delay was only for one day in Quebec. A number of retailers received their copies today (Wednesday), so I was fortunate to obtain one for myself.
Link Removed (I apologize for the poor quality of the photos, but my digital camera isn't exactly professional.)
Does the TVA version have english subtitles?
Nope - only French. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait for July 16 to purchase either the Miramax (US) or Alliance Atlantis (Canada) version.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the pictures Michael.

The collectors box looks fantastic. Too bad it doesn't contain any English subtitles.

Would've been nice if the Alliance/Miramax version had even half as much effort put into it.

The Alliance version better not have bilingual packaging or I'll just blow a gasket.

Normally it wouldn't bother me too much, but since TVA released a much better version specific to Quebec (without English subtitles) - the Alliance version should be made for the rest of Canada without bilingual packaging.

Raul_H

Grip
Holy Mackeral!! Now that is a boxset. I purchased the UK R2 PAL version myself as I just could not wait to own this film on DVD any longer. Amelie has become one of my all-time favorite films.
But now I am seriously tempted to purchase this boxset to go along with my copy of Amelie. :D
Anyone know of any good websites that deliver to the U.S. where I can purchase it form?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks