What's new

Always (1989) (1 Viewer)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
A Little break from Christmas movies.... today I decided to watch....

025192235085f.jpg
Always (1989/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |

BluRayLogo.png
Universal Studios Home Entertainment (United States)
Director: Steven Spielberg
Writing: Jerry Belson (Screenwriter), Chandler Sprague (Original Material By), David Boehm (Original Material By)
Length: 122 min.
Video: Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: DTS: 2-Channel Stereo, Spanish: DTS: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, Spanish
Stars:
Richard Dreyfuss as Pete Sandich
Holly Hunter as Dorinda Durston
Brad Johnsonas Ted Baker
John Goodman as Al Yackey
Audrey Hepburn as Hap

Plot:
A story about life, love and loss, Steven Spielberg directs Always, a heart-warming romantic adventure that USA Today calls "a winner". After sacrificing himself to save a friend (John Goodman), a daredevil firefighting pilot (Richard Dreyfuss) returns to earth to help his surviving girlfriend (Holly Hunter) move on with her life. Breathtaking cinematography and exhilarating aerial choreography highlight this compelling adventure that features a special appearance by Audrey Hepburn.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers

My Thoughts:

I am not sure how this one got by me. A Spielberg film that is not only a good romantic drama... but it also has a lot of great forest fore fighting scenes... and a touch of supernatural with the whole ghost story line. If you never seen this one I definitely recommend it. It has a lot of familiar faces in it such as Richard Dreyfuss, Holly Hunter, John Goodman and Audrey Hepburn in one of her final roles. I must say I really was pleasantly surprised with this film. As I picked it up as a blind buy because of it being a Spielberg film I wasn't familiar with.

Rating:
stars_30_7.png

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I have been seeing this movie since its release. It's one of my favorite movies of him. 10/10. It's quintessential Spielberg. It has a magic in it that never wears off whenever I watch it.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Not to forget John Williams score is absolutely amazing. The CD has some additional vocal tracks at the beginning not by him that are also essential.

My favorite John Williams track is "follow me". Starts at 4 minutes 32 seconds in this video:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I've always kind of loved this movie. I have the non-anamorphic DVD and was glad it finally made it to BR.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks