What's new

alternatives to Onkyo 595? Denon1802 ? Integra5.2? (1 Viewer)

Eric_M

Stunt Coordinator
Hello.

I ordered the Onkyo 595 about a month ago and the store is having some difficulties getting it in. A month later and they say it is on backorder. I called another HT store by me and they too say it is on backorder and may stay that way until April. Bigger chain stores near me have them but they don't seem to be too eager to match the low price i am getting from the other store.

So anyway no I am reconsidering the Denon 1802 so I don't have to wait so long. The main thing that held me off on the 1802 is the interface. I prefer the Onkyos over the Denons. However just so I don't have to wait, I may be considering that one.

The other reciever I am considering in the Integra 5.2.

I know it is similar to the Onkyo 595 but the price seems to be quite a bit more. I think it's almost 200 more which is alot.

I know the Denon and Onkyo have the audio drop out issues, not sure about the Integra. Is the Integra worth the price jump from the Denon and Onkyo?

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
No online retailers currently have it? Interesting. Try Crazy Eddies or go to Dealtime which will search many online sites at once. You may also want to look at the Kenwoods too.

David X

Stunt Coordinator
Many have reported a price matched price of around 350 - 360 on the 595 from jandr.com but you have to call for that price.

-David

Eric_M

Stunt Coordinator
Well yes online it can be had. However I am not sure if they are authorized or not.

Is JandR authorized?

The only reason I am hesitant on buying online aside from being authorized Onkyo dealer is the audio drop out problem. If it has it, it's easier to take it back to the store than mail it back..

I will check jandr though.

MarkMaestas

Agent
Jand R is authorized for Onkyo. Do a search about the audio drop out issue. My understanding is that it is a problem with the DVD itself, not the receiver. Anyway, even most unauthorized dealers allow returns of some sort. I've seen them as low as 7 days, but many at 30 days. In my searches, I have found Onkyo much easier to find than Denon. I couldn't find Denon at a good price from an authorized dealer or in stock from an unauthorized dealer. I'm not personally familiar with the Integra, so maybe someone else can direct you there. Since you like the Onkyo better though, I'd search for the lowest price on the net and then I'd call JandR and see if they'll price match it. Good Luck

Mark

Eric_M

Stunt Coordinator
Well now it will be harder finding 595's as they may have been discontinued.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks