Alternative for Surround Speakers

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Hey all. Been awhile, a long while since I posted for speaker advice but I know if anyone can help me. you all can.

In my surround system I have been using Infinity's QPS Quadrapoles for years. Due to my current set up they now just look "Odd" in my room so I am looking to replacement with some little more traditional satelite-ish surrounds.

For a LONG time, I have wanted these. http://www.infinitysystems.com/homea...=TSS-SAT750CHR

Last week I thought I had finally gotten lucky and found them in stock and for a good price at a site called PayHalf.com. But today I got the dreaded email that their stock was off and they don't have them. So I'm back to square one. A Local store here, Video Only, has told me if I prepay they can order me a pair since they aren't natrually restocked anymore.

But I was thinking maybe I should just forget them. I use to be very hung up on brands but I have tried to get away from that. So my speakers no longer have to be all Infinity... even though most are currently.

What out there could I get as a good and fairly equivallent alternative? I need something roughing the same size, and that can handle about the same power, 100 Watts or so. Brand does not matter, though of course I would prefer a good brand, and price range would be perferable in the range I was about to pay for these, which is about $60 or so each.

Thank you much!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Did you see the thread with the Primus 150s for $40?

IMO, those tiny sattelites aren't worth waiting for at all....

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Yeah I did. They are a bit too big for what I had in mind.

As it turns out, I was able to find the 750's at a Local store last night. I don't find them tiny at all. I haven't had a chance to watch a movie with good surround activity but I playeda DTS audio CD for a minute and they sounded nice.

So far so good.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gullfo