Alternative DVD Storage - recommendations?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Eric Huffstutler, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler Screenwriter

Eric Huffstutler
    I am thinking about taking just the discs out of all keep and snap cases and placing them into a more consolidated storage method. Mayby something like Case Logic or some sort of specific DVD notebook storage system.

Can someone recommend what they use that is archive quality so the discs won't get scratched or bent yet still compact enough to fit on a shelf? And where I can find the products?

Thanks!

Eric

2. Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi Producer

But what do you do with their original cases afterward? Throw them out? If you save them, now you have TWO things to store! [​IMG]

3. MarkHarrison

MarkHarrison Supporting Actor

Not only do you have two things to store, but you've just made it considerably easier for a thief to walk off with your entire collection. If someone is going to steal my entire collection, I'm at least going to make them work to do so. [​IMG]

4. Will_B

Will_B Producer

They sell plastic curtains with pockets for CDs. You could buy a couple of those and use them as shower curtains. No thief would even think to look there. Unless they need to poo.

5. WillardK

WillardK Second Unit

The CaseLogic sleeves work very well, Eric. Similar storage sleeves are offered for less by other manufacturers and might be worth checking out. I've been using CaseLogic for cd's and dvd's for years now. I've always complained about the wastefulness of dvd cases and have a stack of empties waiting to be gotten rid of for cheap.

There's also one or two sellers of dvd-specific sleeves made to accomodate coverart. They were inexcusably expensive when I considered them long ago, but now might also be worth looking at. Do a forum search or google for the info.