What's new

Altering the Exodus Audio LCR Kit (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Schulz

Auditioning
I like the the design of the Exodus Audio LCR Kit but I already have a pair of GR-T1 tweeters, how would it sound if I replaced the usher 9950C-15 with those?

The frequency response looks a little smoother than the 9950C-15 also both start rolling off at the same frequencies. But the GR-T1 have a little better sensitivety than the 9950C-15.

What do you guys think?
Thanks

MarkRoberts

Stunt Coordinator
If you order the kit your gonna have the ushers so why not use them? Or are you planning on ordering the individual pieces? If you are I don't think you can get the x-over seperate.
Order a couple more extremis and make yourself some surrounds with the GR-T1.;)

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
There is a very good chance the Ushers will sound better. It might be a bother trying to come up with a crossover modification to substitute tweeters. The higher sensitivity does not matter since it would just have to be padded down to match the woofers. Just use the GR tweeters in a different design if you want. (The frequency response looks smoother because Danny applied more smoothing to the graphs. :))

Jeremy Schulz

Auditioning
I was planning on buying the speakers seperate and building the crossovers myself and notices jsut how expensive those ushers are. I am already well over my budget so I was hoping to substitute the tweeters. Is there any other designs on the web that use the extremis, WR125S and maybe a cheaper set of tweeters? Maybe a 3-way MTM with just 1 extremis?

MarkRoberts

Stunt Coordinator
Jeremy,
CSS has a full range version of the 4.5" Maybe worth looking into.They are $150.00 a pair. No usher needed and the x-over would a little easier to build 2-way vs. 3-way. Just a thought.
Just out of curosity why aren't you going with the kit? I added up the driver cost and ended up with $315.15 w/o shipping(except for the extremis). I would wager when you buy all the x-over components you will be over the cost of the kit($395.00).
Have you already started buying the parts? If not whats your budget? Not trying to be nosey. Just wondering if maybe the kit 261's would be more in your budget.

Jeremy Schulz

Auditioning
I have been eyeing that kit. The kit41 I beleive you are talking about. I like it but for some reason having the WR125S runs fullrange bothers me. They are exactly in my price range and is what I am probably going to get.

THe sad thing is I love adire products and think the extremis looks like an awesome speaker but any designs with that speaker gets me right out of my price range. I think I will get the kit41 and play around with that and then maybe get an extremis and try it out in my system and play around until I get it the way I like it.

Currently I have the JBL n24 speakers and just got an onkyo 502, so I am going from a 5.1 to a 7.1 system and wanted new fronts to go along with the JBL's until I can talk the wife into a new system.

I also have a tempest, don't remember what the size of the box I built and what it is tuned to, I built it several years ago and would have to look it up.

Thanks for the advise evryone.

MarkRoberts

Stunt Coordinator
Actually I was refering to the new FR125. You could use two extremis and one FR125 in a MTM. FR125's are going for 150.00 a pair,just for the drivers.You would be 350.00 just for the drivers. So I doubt that will help.
Have you thought about the Kit61? They are supposed to be quite impressive. They are 438.00 a pair. You could then always move them to surround duty later. When you have enough scratch for the LCR's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks