What's new

Alpha: My Hero, Night Court USA, Public Defender, Colonel Bleep, Follow That Man (1 Viewer)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I was just checkin Alpha's upcoming releases and they seem to be releasing these in the next couple months:

My Hero (Bob Cummings) : Bob Cummings is a real estate agent who has constant run-ins with his boss and girlfriend in four comical episodes from this classic TV series.

Night Court USA : Four film noir episodes of re-created courtroom drama from this gritty vintage series.

Public Defender : Four classic episodes from this vintage noir crime series.

Colonel Bleep : Nostalgic Saturday morning animated TV series featuring Colonel Bleep and his extraterrestrial friends.

Dateline Europe (aka Foreign Intrigue) :

Follow That Man (aka Man Against Crime) : Ralph Bellamy plays tough-talking private eye Mike Barnett is four classic episodes of the early TV detective series.

Lights Out! and Other Supernatural Tales : A collection of mysterious terror filled tales of the unexpected from the earliest days of television.

Alpha is a cheap PD company but any port in a storm when looking for forgotten gems. They are releasing multiple volumes of these. Does anyone remember them?

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
I am a fan of Alpha Video's vintage TV releases. Not so much because of the quality, though some of their releases have been very good, but more because they have released some real rarities. In terms of the titles that you mentioned, I own a few episodes of Public Defender, which stars Reed Hadley (who also starred in Racket Squad), and Man Against Crime (a/k/a Follow that Man) which starred Ralph Bellamy. I like Man Against Crime quite a bit based on a 3-episode DVD that I was able to get for a dollar at Wal-Mart. Decent detective/crime show that was filmed in and around New York City.

As far as the rest of the titles, I'll be picking up Night Court USA and the Bob Cummings series for sure and maybe a few more. Good stuff!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Thanks to my cyber-buddy Bert Greene, I've gotten into many of the Alpha titles. And I'll definitely give some of these upcoming releases a try as well. As you guys have mentioned, most of these are rarities that haven't been aired in a long, long time. And when you can get them for under $6.00 each the answer has to be "YES!"

Gary "the only negative with the Alpha titles is that the quality can range from great to horrible, but you never know which it will be until you buy that particular volume" O.

Tom.W

Second Unit
For anyone who finds today's courtroom shows entertaining, Night Court USA is the granddaddy of them all, with the possible exception of the fifties Divorce Court. Judge Jay Jostyn presides in this one. He's a no nonsense type but with a sense of humor. The litigants are really bizarre, with hilarious consequences. There was one ep with a hooker who tried to pick up the judge!

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I know it's an old thread, but I did do a forum search in the TV Shows and DVD Movies section, for Man Against Crime (aka Follow That Man). I suggested in the Holy Grails thread about the show, and another poster replied with a link to Oldies.com which are selling a 7 disc DVD boxset (Region 0) containing 28 episodes of Man Against Crime. The URL link to the page is:

Man Against Crime (aka Follow That Man): 7 Disc DVD boxset (Region 0) containing 28 episodes - Oldies.com

There is an incomplete episode guide for the show on TV.com so I don't know for sure if the order the episodes have been put in on these seven discs/volumes, is correct or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks