What's new

Aloha Bobby & Rose (1975) says Aloha to Blu (1 Viewer)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
IMG_6570.JPG

The cinematic era of the early- mid 1970s , besides mafia gangsters (The Godfather (1971), and horror (The Excorist (1973), Jaws (1975) were also defined by hopeless romance stories such as Bobby Jo and The Outlaw (1974) and Ode To Billie Joe (1976). This was right before Rocky (1976), Star Wars (1977)and Close Encounters (1978), Saturday Night Fever (1977), Thank God Its Friday (1978), The Spy Who Loved Me (1977) and Alien (1979) came along and redefined 70s era cinema.

In this pre Rocky era Columbia released the hopeless romance film Aloha Bobby & Rose (1975) which saw some moderate box office success, probably inspired by the killer musical soundtrack of the hit songs of the day.

This tale of two lovers did inspire teen romantics ( like myself ) along as I'd discover just how powerful life's overpowering vital emotion (L.O.V.E.) could be.

Come April 17th of this year (2018), Scorpion is bringing ABR to HD Blu. I have no information yet about the PQ of the transfer but a kids puppet show of this movie would be far superior to the old DVD release a few years back.
I got the release notification in my email from Blu-Ray.com

Release date is April 17th, oh I already mentioned that.

Hi Def Digest link on ABR: https://m.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...s-aloha-bobby-and-rose-bluray-announced/38429

Ronald Epstein: we need a pre-order link

Last edited:

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Not my cup of tea, but I know you have wanted this for a long time. I’m glad you get to mark it off your list.

Now we still need Thank God It’s Friday and Skatetown USA and we can both mark two off our list.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Thanks for the kudos.

I pretty much know what's holding up Skatetown USA (1979), music rights issues with all the hit songs from 1978-1979 on the soundtrack.

I'd be inclined to say the same for Thank God It's Friday (1978) but we did get a 2006 DVD release with music intact. So that may not be the main reason and I can't think of what the main reason for the holdup would be.

Both being Sony/Columbia titles would make these films Twilight Time candidates but TT has no interest in this particular genre of film. I'd gladly pay $29.95 for either title and would spread the word owner cyberspace if they were remastered & released on Blu and UHD Blu.

TGIF would be a good Shout or Indicator candidate.

But I'm just happy that ABR is coming to Blu.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks