What's new

Almost there..... (1 Viewer)

Shane-M

Agent
Need to install the drapes/masking, crown molding, misc. trim, carpet and we are close to done! Also need to purchase some REAL seating!

ww.soundreproduction.com/basement/6-21-04%20Front%20screen2.JPG

(Insert additional "w" in URL....don't have URL posting rights yet...

All pics can be seen at ww.soundreproduction.com/basement

-Shane

Shane-M

Agent
Need to install the drapes/masking, crown molding, misc. trim, carpet and we are close to done! Also need to purchase some REAL seating!

ww.soundreproduction.com/basement/6-21-04%20Front%20screen2.JPG

(Insert additional "w" in URL....don't have URL posting rights yet...

All pics can be seen at ww.soundreproduction.com/basement

-Shane

Shane-M

Agent
Hey Bob....the lighting will be turned off while video is displayed...the lighting turns on when the drape motor is activated opening the drapes for WOW factor only...who needs expensive furniture with $15.00 Martha Stewart Chairs! :)

Shane-M

Agent
Hey Bob....the lighting will be turned off while video is displayed...the lighting turns on when the drape motor is activated opening the drapes for WOW factor only...who needs expensive furniture with $15.00 Martha Stewart Chairs! :)

Mark McGill

Stunt Coordinator
Nice setup. Could you tell me appoximately what the floor to projector clearance is?

BTW I remember the almost finished stage and it's was tough to not take time off work to just get it done. Good luck.

Mark McGill

Stunt Coordinator
Nice setup. Could you tell me appoximately what the floor to projector clearance is?

BTW I remember the almost finished stage and it's was tough to not take time off work to just get it done. Good luck.

JayPo

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Shane,

Looks great ... I'm just wondering if you are going to paint the wall black around the screen and in the frame or will the drapes cover that up?

JayPo

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Shane,

Looks great ... I'm just wondering if you are going to paint the wall black around the screen and in the frame or will the drapes cover that up?

Shane-M

Agent
Hi Mark,

Thanks. It's been a long, tough project taking me about 7 months so far...

The clearance between the projector and floor is approximatly 6 1/2 feet. Projected image with zero pixelation from the PTL-300U is 90" diag.. I have so much upgrading to do on the decoder/processor and amplification side of things...however the system as is stands now is quite impressive. The masking system will be installed in about a week!

Thanks for your comments...

Regards,
Shane

Shane-M

Agent
Hi Mark,

Thanks. It's been a long, tough project taking me about 7 months so far...

The clearance between the projector and floor is approximatly 6 1/2 feet. Projected image with zero pixelation from the PTL-300U is 90" diag.. I have so much upgrading to do on the decoder/processor and amplification side of things...however the system as is stands now is quite impressive. The masking system will be installed in about a week!

Thanks for your comments...

Regards,
Shane

Shane-M

Agent
Hey JayPo,

The masking system will "fill-in" the wall space between the screen and DIY frame. There will be a vertical masking system to support 16:9 and 4:3 (drape track is currently operational motorized and is controlled by the Sony RVM-3100 remote) and the horizontal masking system will be permanatly installed to support 16:9 anamorphic..non-anamorphic will have letter box bars on the top and bottom of screen...no big deal...I may make the horizontal drapes adjustable...we'll see.

-Shane

Shane-M

Agent
Hey JayPo,

The masking system will "fill-in" the wall space between the screen and DIY frame. There will be a vertical masking system to support 16:9 and 4:3 (drape track is currently operational motorized and is controlled by the Sony RVM-3100 remote) and the horizontal masking system will be permanatly installed to support 16:9 anamorphic..non-anamorphic will have letter box bars on the top and bottom of screen...no big deal...I may make the horizontal drapes adjustable...we'll see.

-Shane

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks