Almost Famous Fans - A Late X-mas Gift

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick_J, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Patrick_J

Patrick_J Agent

I made this Almost Famous mix of Tiny Dancer when the first DVD came out earlier this year. After hearing this my wife told me about a Jerry Maguire (another Cameron Crowe film) mix of the Springsteen song. Still haven’t heard that, but I’m looking forward to hearing opinions of this mix from fans of the film. I apologize in advance for the lower encoding rate of the mp3, but Yahoo! limits my file size.
    Yes, its probably illegal, but I think its important for fans of the film to hear. Enjoy!
    Go here to download the mp3: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DVDs-in-Demand/files/
    -pjc

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Well...guess I won't be hearing it seeing as how I'm not going to register at DVDs-in-demand.

3. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

same here [​IMG]

4. Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod Second Unit

Nice Mix Patrick. Any chance of getting it at a higher bitrate then 96.
    As for those of you who won't join the group to grab the file. If you want it drop me an email and I'll send it to you [​IMG]
    Address in my profile [​IMG]
    Mark

5. Patrick_J

Patrick_J Agent

Sorry folks, I didn't realize that access to the file required membership.

I'll post a URL to a better encoding of the mix to a non-Yahoo! page tomorrow.

Sorry once again.

-pjc

6. HalS

HalS Stunt Coordinator

Jerry Maguire is one of my fave films of all time but it should be noted that Bruce hated the "movie" mixes that were done both for Streets of Philadelphia and Secret Garden.

In fact, if you watch the documentary Blood Brothers and listen to him talk about Secret Garden, he talks about how the narrative must be undisturbed and as a result, they decide not use strings on the song. So it's not hard to understand why he hated the unauthorized "movie" mix.

7. Patrick_J

Patrick_J Agent

Sorry for the mix up folks. Didn't realize that you had to be a member of my group in order to access the files.
    I've encoded a better version (192kbps) available for public download from my ISP:
    http://users.elknet.net/pjc/TinyDancer-AlmostFamous.mp3
    Sorry for the problems. Enjoy the music.
    -pjc
    PS: A copy of this was sent to Vinyl Films & Cameron Crowe and from what I heard he liked it very much. However, I haven't asked Sir EJ yet! ;-)

8. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

Cool Patrick, Thanks.