What's new

Almost Famous Director's Cut (1 Viewer)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Ok, it has been five months since the original release of Almost Famous on DVD, and they announced before it came out there would be a super dooper DVD out with the director's cut on it, with like an extra hour or so added back in.
From what I understood it would be out before the end of the year.
Any news or gossip on this? I am anxiously awaiting this DVD.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I don't think anyone ever "officially" stated that it would be out before the end of the year...but this is another one that I'm anxiously waiting for.
------------------
Latest Additions: Wayne's World: The Complete Epic, Die Hard Collection
"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi...At last, we will have revenge."
3 more months...

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I think we just have to be patient on this one and Say Anything. Isn't Crowe still finishing up Vanilla Sky?
------------------
Too many DVDs, too little time...
AFI 100 Challenge - 36 to go!

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Isn't Crowe still finishing up Vanilla Sky?
Yup, and will be promoting it across the globe well into Jan/Feb of next year I'd think. I certainly don't think it is wrong to assume that his work on Vanilla Sky is what is currently responsible for the hold ups to Say Anything SE, Almost Famous SE and the Jerry Maguire SE.
Dan (UK)

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Well DVDFile reports that the Director's Cut of Almost Famous will be out before the end of 2001, and will be a 2-disc set:
For once, a studio makes good on the promise of a special edition "coming soon." As you may recall, DreamWorks released a rather bare bones DVD of Cameron Crowe's highly acclaimed (and Oscar winner for Best Original Screenplay) rock opus Almost Famous earlier this year with promises (see the original press release) of a extended "director's cut" with added features down the road. We've gotten word from DreamWorks this new two-disc extended cut will be out before the end of 2001. Watch for a full announcement coming soon, and can't wait to see the specs! Stay tuned...

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah baby...
it will be mine, OH YES, it will be mine
------------------
card11.jpg

Jay Rodriguez

Stunt Coordinator
"This Will Be A Day Long Remembered"
-Darth Vader
This is good news, made even better knowing that we'll have it by years end....maybe.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
You know, I didn't think the initial release was so bare bones. But I'm still looking forward to the director's cut.
------------------
http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andrea/ht/

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
You know, I didn't think the initial release was so bare bones.
Me either. Bare bones is just a trailer, Almost Famous had the trailer along with a 30 minute documentary, music video, quite a bit of production notes, and cast and crew biographies.
Hopefully the new SE of Almost Famous will include the theatrical cut and I can sell my original DVD on eBay.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I am also excited to have this. Almost Famous is one of my favs. I can't wait. I'm going to hang on to my copy until the new edition is out. If the new edition has both versions, I'll give the other one away, since I've already gotten my money's worth out of it.
Or maybe I'll keep it, if the new one doesn't have the copies of Cameron's Rolling Stone Articles.
Man, I love that movie.
------------------
"What if he honks in the car?"
"I'm giving you a no honk guaruntee."

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Yes, fellow HTF'ers. I am still awaiting this one's arrival on DVD--with the Special Edition director's cut. Being the DTS afficianado that I am made this more of a DVD-to-get that it already was going to be one of, anyway. The director's cut knowledge is the only reason I had held out on buying it thus far. But if those Rolling Stone achived articles are there on the current edition and not carried over to the SE Director's Cut...then I have a compellingly interesting decision to make on this fine film. :)
------------------
The Acid Queen Still Rocks and Souls!!!! ;D

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Matthew hit my concern right on the head. Are we going to get both the director's and theatrical cut or just the theatrical cut. Or is this yet another movie that I will own more than one copy of!?
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Greg Mariotti

Stunt Coordinator
I will be talking to Cameron next week so if there's no annoucement of the extras by then, I'll post them here.
I'm hoping he uses the wonderful european poster of Kate Hudson for this version. It would help distinguish it from the current version.
(Link Removed)
BTW, many of the Crowe RS articles and tons of other Crowe written pieces are available in my "Written By" section.
Thanks
Greg Mariotti
The Uncool: Cameron Crowe Online Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks