What's new

Almost Famous Bootleg - no slipcase ? (1 Viewer)

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
I recieved my Almost Famous Bootleg Edition from Amazon today, and I'm wondering about the packaging.

The DVD packaging didn't have a slipcase.

I have the fold-out that holds the discs, but there was no slipcase that it slides into - like Magnolia and Citizen Kane has.

Is this the way it was to be released, or was there an error in the assembly line somewhere?

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the response.

I'm relieved that I didn't get shortchanged in my order, but find it strange that it was purposely done that way.

Maybe I'm just used to the other titles with similar packaging (ie. Fight Club, Magnolia etc) but it feels sorta naked without the slipcase.

Oh well, it's still looks like a helluva set.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I listened to Stairway on my Walkman as I watched the deleted "Stairway" scene. It was an interesting experiment, but a boring scene. It might have worked if Cameron would have picked a shorter song.

BTW, I think this is a case where the extra 35 minutes made the film even better (though I think they replaced "Future Games" by Fleetwood Mac in the Topeka party scene with some other song because of the additional footage. Too bad because it's a great song from a period of FM that many people are unfamiliar with.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I listened to Stairway on my Walkman as I watched the deleted "Stairway" scene. It was an interesting experiment, but a boring scene. It might have worked if Cameron would have picked a shorter song.
I think he might have edited it down if he actually used the scene in the film.

Jason

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
The type package used should have a slipcase. Otherwise, the cover flap does not seal. Does anyone know where to purchase blank slipcases? I am surprised that Dreamworks went on the cheap and left out the slipcase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks