What's new

Almost Famous: Bootleg Cut - Specs (1 Viewer)

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
According to DVDShrine, the DVD will contain over 5 hours of extras, including the following:

Two film versions *- The original Oscar® winning cut and an extended Untitled version both available in widescreen.
Commentary on new Untitled version featuring Cameron Crowe and his mom, Alice Crowe!
A specially created featurette including behind-the-scenes footage, plus rehearsal footage from Stillwater¹s San Diego Show, and more.
Original Rolling Stone articles from the 1970s penned by Cameron Crowe with an introduction by Crowe.
Cameron Crowe's Top Ten 1973 album picks
Academy Award’-winning script
Nancy Wilson¹s original music made exclusively for the DVD menus.
Deleted Scenes with Cameron Crowe commentary including: Famous real life rock 'n' rollers Pete Droge and Elaine Summer singing "Small Times Blues" in its entirety.
Stillwater's Cleveland concert including six songs performed live.
Production Notes
Trailer
Dolby and DTS Sound
Cast & Crew Bios
Running Time - Disc 1: 2 hours, 39 minutes; Disc 2: 2 hours, 3 minutes

Voon Jiet

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Voon
I was initially doubtful about whether Dreamworks would put both versions on the DVD, and its great to see that they have done so.
I held off the original DVD for this baby and now I can finally get my hands on it! :)

Dave Barth

Stunt Coordinator
YES!
icon14.gif
to the inclusion of both cuts.
This is such a wonderful coming of age story, I still can't believe it made such a small splash.

Voon Jiet

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Voon
Just noticed that Cameron Crowe's mum - Alice Crowe - will be on the commentary. Since Almost Famous is semi-autobiographical, its great to see her on the commentary track giving insights into the Crowe family.
I hate to get ahead of the game, but this looks to be one juicy set!

TheoGB

Screenwriter
I have a question. On the second disk I can't exactly find deleted scenes with commentary. There is the 'concert' and the Stairway and the 'blues' thing. The concert has no other audio track that I could see and it and the Stairway one have intros.

Are there more deleted scenes there that I can't find???

Jay Rodriguez

Stunt Coordinator
Theo, I believe that most of the deleted scenes were reincorporated into the movie. I don't believe you can access them seperately. This is from memory...I'll have to break out the disc later on to be sure.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
The UK R2 version is now confirmed as having DTS on the Untitled directors' cut. R2 rules for once!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks