What's new

Almost Famouos: Bootleg Edition for $9.99!!! (1 Viewer)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
All Credit goes to DVDTALK members for this.

CLICK IT FOR THE DEAL!

This is at BB.

The best thing to do is order it online using instore pickup. Should work fine as it worked perfectly for me when I got mine this AM.

OR YOU COULD TRY THIS!!!

Just got back from doing a Pricematch at CC.

Got mine for $7.99!!!

Just put it in your cart, go to checkout select instore pickup and choose your store. Print out that page and take it to CC and they should PM it for you. They may freak a bit since its $29.99 there but will eventually just do it.

*** Be sure to explain to them how the printout that you gave them shows that it is available for instore pickup at the $9.99 price.

This should work fine as I have done this numerous times at CC but as with any PM YMMV!

Best of Luck

** I should mention that I have no idea how long this will last as there are plenty of DVDTALKers getting on this. I think the PM at CC (or somewhere else) is the best choice.

Greg

Chad A

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the heads up.
I've been wanting to get this for the wife for a long time.
66% off......sold!

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
This is a justifiable double-dip for me. I love the movie, and I have been wanting to get this version since it came out--can't pass it up at this price.

Thanks!

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I paid for one. Got an email telling me I could come pick it up, about to walk out the door and it's someone from Best Buy saying they don't actually have it in stock, that they may get some more in today....blah.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I can't believe this. And I can't believe others here noticed and posted about it! Just yesterday I decided that I needed to get this again ever since I stupidly pawned my old copy. I was so mad to see it was $29.99 (I'd forgotten how pricey), but I made up my mind I needed it back in my collection. I thought it was a mistake when it rang up at $9.99. I figured it had accidentally gotten the same price as the standard edition DVD. But it looks like others have caught it, too.

Not only that, but I picked up Star Wars Rebel Strike III for GameCube for $29.99 -- did the retail on this go down already?? It is still a relatively new game and I checked other stores, all which still had it priced for $49.99! Awesome shopping day for me at BB!

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Update:

I have it in my hand! I did an in-store pick up and was surprised that I had no problems when I went to get it. Customer Service had the DVD waiting with a green "e-commerce pick-up" sticker and a copy of my order information attached to the DVD. Total price with tax was $10.59.

The best part is the bright yellow BestBuy price sticker on the front of the DVD: $29.99.

Great find!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
But the BB website page NOW just went from "Sold Out" with a description of the DVD to "Sorry! Page can't be accessed right now or no longer exists." :frowning:

I saw the original page two minutes ago! :angry:

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
You guys don't have to do an in-store pickup via ordering from the website for this. If your Best Buy still has copies and you want one, then by all means, pick it up. Mine rang up $9.99 at the store and I knew nothing of this online sale beforehand.

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit
I ordered one and requested the In-Store Pick up, and recieved no problems when I went to collect it last night. It came to $10.59 with tax! Very cool!!

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I can confirm. I picked mine up today. I asked the girl what they were ringing up as, and she said they're all $9.99. I was tempted to buy all 6 they had.

Alvin.G.

Stunt Coordinator
BB website now says 29.99 and "sold out." Does anyone know if its still 9.99 in store?

acg

Tom Booth

Auditioning
I just got back from Best Buy. I asked the guy in the media area to check the price, it came up $9.99. So I picked out a couple other movies and by the time i got up to the register it was $29.99. :frowning:

-Tom

Alvin.G.

Stunt Coordinator
no freaking way! :angry: It must have been an error than. Man, I really wanted to pick this one up. Its been on my list for a long time.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Tom: I hope you dragged your eyewitness (the guy in media) up to the counter to get you the price. You were thisclose, my man! :frowning:

Tom Booth

Auditioning
I explained to the cashier that the DVD scanned at $9.99 about 10 mins prior, but all she could do was flip through the sale ad which obviously didnt have Almost Famous in it. :frowning: I really didnt feel like arguing beyond that so I told the girl running the register that i didnt want it at that price. I kinda felt like the media guy saw how low the price was and either changed it, or told his manager and had it changed. :thumbsdown:

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
too bad you hadnt, you could have sold them to us for a small profit, i wouldnt have minded giving you a couple bucks for your troubles...i defintely missed out on this one, argh!

CJ

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
For those that got Almost Famous: The Bootleg Cut through Best Buy...

I picked mine up a couple of days ago and didn't open it up until now. Is there supposed to be 2 dvds + 1 cd?

If so, mine did not include the cd. Is this an anomaly/error exclusive to my copy, or is everyone missing the cd?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks