What's new

Almost done, Friends: season 9 3/8/05 (1 Viewer)

John McM

Second Unit
I lost interest in Friends a long time ago, but it's nice that Warner is back at a more decent pace, considering the unusual wait the fans had to bare between 7 and 8

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Yes, region 2 season 10 is just released here but with this pace I will wait for the R1.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

Don't forget there was the series finale released between those sets. It's not a season set, but they did put something out for the show.

Gord

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Anyone has seen this set yet? I'm completing my set and the sound of the season finale is terrible. It sounds like it's coming from a mile away. disappointing. How on earth they can release something like this in 2005 I don't know.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I was finishing up two other sets this weekend and planned to rip into Friends S9 next. Pray tell, where can I quickly find an example of this problem, Sam? Right away, or should you point me toward a particular scene/episode?

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Thanks, that would be great. It's the sound of the season finale. The last episode called "The One In Barbados" on disc 4. You should listen to another episode first and then try that last episode.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I just gave it a listen and immediatly heard what you mean. Before there was VCR, I used to put a tape recorder in front of the TV and recorded shows that way so I could listen to them over and over again. The audio on the finale reminded me of that, it sounds very tinny.

Also, I flipped to the audio commentary track and the show audio sounds exactly the same there, but the comments by the producers are fine.

Chris

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
I also noticed an audio problem with "The One In Barbados." WHV is doing a sloppy job checking for problems with their releases if this got past them. I watched this episode with a standard two-speaker setup and even I noticed this as soon as the episode began. As far as I can tell, the problem stays for the entire two-part episode. I don't normally complain about minor problems, but this is too noticable for WHV to not be held responsible.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Yes and it's a real shame! :thumbsdown:

Yes, the audio commentary track sounds fine. I mean the commentary part.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I just finished watching the episode only minutes ago. Even as soon as the episode began, I had to turn up the volume on my reciever. The lack of clarity was really disappointing. Most evident would be the song played at the end of the episode when Joey and Rachel kiss
It sounded very dull. At a higher volume, the episode was tolerable at best. I'm really surprised Warner let this one slip through the cracks, especially considering their excellent production of the previous 8 sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks