What's new

Ally McBeal.... if "Brothers And Sisters" is a hit? (1 Viewer)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
one of the more interesting TV-DVD titles has been Ally McBeal. An overpriced six episode set hit the market before Fox started the season-set phenomenon and since then, it's been start and stop. The whole series is out overseas, and season 1 was planned to come out here earlier this spring but no word came out of it. I heard rumors that Fox intends to eventually release the series but they want to get all of the music rights taken care for the whole series before releasing season 1 in region one (apparently season 1 has been taken care of).

This coming Sunday, "Brothers And Sisters" premieres in the coveted post-Housewives timeslot on ABC (the timeslot that launched Grey's Anatomy into the stratosphere). If ABC strikes gold again with this show, which would effectively give Calista Flockhart a comeback, would the chances of us seeing Ally McBeal on DVD before 2060 come easier? It always seems like a new hit series or increased visibility always bodes well for a lot of shows that were lesser than what Ally McBeal was.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
This is one show where the music is vital. If they do eventually come out in R1 there is gonna be some stuff missing most likely. Pick up the R2 sets they are affordable and every bit of music is intact!!!!!!!

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I do hope they straighten out the rights issue, but then I hope they release a complete series set, like they did in the U.K. I don't feel like buying one season then waiting 200 years for the next one...

Jeff#

Screenwriter
The actress who played Ally, Calista Flockhart is a regular in a new ensemble drama series "Brothers and Sisters" on ABC. It's her first show since Ally McBeal ended 4 years ago. Although the program doesn't interest me, it should be noted that the show is a 360 for Cal, because she plays a conservative radio talk show host!

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
With regards to the UK sets, if anyone is thinking about getting them be careful because the aspect ratio is all over the place - some boxsets are 1.78 :1 some are 4:3. and there is no way of telling them apart as far as I can tell. I believe that Season 5 was the only season where the intended AR is 1.78:1. yet I have ended up with boxsets where Seasons 3 and 5 are 1.78:1 and I have heard some have got the other seasons in 1.78:1 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks