Ally Mcbeal 2/11/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Porter, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

This was a classic episode. I absolutely loved the Moulin Rouge reference. I was on the floor with that one (Being a Moulin Rouge obsessee). The whole violent images with her daughter were great. I'm also relieved that John Cage isn't gone completely. I like how they added her daughter to the cast. I think she'll be a good device for Ally's "daydreams" and character development. What did ya'll think about tonight's episode?

~Kevin

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

It was the first episode this season that made me laugh. Which surprised me, because I expected to be disappointed. By turning Ally into an instant mother, Kelley has opened up a whole new (and classic) area for humor, and it's almost as if his writing woke up at last. Giving Ally a 10-year-old daughter is an absurd contrivance, but so was the original premise of her coming to work at the same firm as Billy. Once you suspend your initial disbelief, there could be interesting possibilities.

Flockhart is a skilled actress (I saw her on stage before she became famous). If the material is any good, she'll make it work.

M.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

OMG, plenty of LOL laughs in tonight's episode. David Kelley is definitely mining that fantasy world of what parent would love to do with their kids when the kids give them backtalk and cause them grief. The projectile vomiting made my day. [​IMG]
    So who's really on the chopping block at Fish and McBeal? Nelle's the obvious choice, but you just never know...

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Well, you know, I never fall for the obvious choice. [​IMG] Both Glenn and Jenny are low on the seniority pole, and that Jenny case with the class action suit could take forever to settle. There's really no one else in the firm that we know of (except for Regina) who's actually trying cases.
    I wonder what the over-under will be for the next episode for how many times Ally fires Victor. [​IMG]

6. RogerB

RogerB Second Unit

Does anyone know the name of the girl playing Ally's daughter?

7. bill lopez

bill lopez Second Unit

They already announced a few weeks ago that the 2 new cast members were not coming back.What's the mystery?

No way it's going to be Nell, now that the actress has come out of the closet in real life they can now use her for some of those girl on girl kissing scenes during sweeps so there's no way they are going to let her go. And nobody on the show has had a hit movie to be leaving. Except Lucy Lu but she already left.

8. Rob Willey

Rob Willey Screenwriter

Rob
    Portia de Rossi came out of the closet!? This is why I read the HTF, I get important info I otherwise seem to miss. [​IMG]
    Rob

9. RogerB

RogerB Second Unit

Answering my own question: Hayden Panettiere.

10. bill lopez

bill lopez Second Unit

Callista looked so sexy on Letterman on Thursday nite. She had a dress showing her beautiful legs, it's been a while since I'v seen her look this lovely.