What's new

Allright I have a rough plan! Need opinions (1 Viewer)

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
Well I have been researching this stuff for 3 weeks straight and think I just about have a plan together. My room is 15.5 x 11.5. I will have a 32 inch tv on one end (have not decided yet, looking at wega fs with 16/9 option), Denon avr3802, 6 jbl s38's for front, side, and rear surrounds, s-center and 25-31pci. I will have either 2 small chairs or one small couch with 5.5 feet of space behind them for rear speaker space. Still need to find a good dvd/cd player. So what do you guys think of all this. Is this room good size for all this? Open to suggestions.

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
I forgot to post my alternate plan. If the first plan seems like overkill because of room size or whatever, I was also thinking Denon 3802 (or h/k 520) 4jbl s38's, s-center, 25-31pci. So those are the two options that seem very apealing to me.

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Todd,
The CD/DVD source you're looking for--could you provide a bit more info regarding what you're looking for (or what's important to you)?
- multi-disc capability
- SACD capability
- DVD-Audio capability
- progressive video output
- would you consider separate components-- a DVD player and a multi-disc CD player
- what's your rough budget for the player(s)
I'm not familiar with the JBL's myself, but I support your 3802 and SVS PCi decisions. I think you can be looking forward to some serious fun. :)
Mike

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
Mike,

Thanks for the reply! I would like to try and get a dvd/cd player all in one, but if there is a better way to go I am open. I would like to have dvd-audio as I hear it is good. Progressive would be nice as well. If the cd is incorporated as well I need a player that can play cdr/rw. I would like to keep the price under a 1000.00, but hopefully well under that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks