Allright I have a rough plan! Need opinions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Todd smith, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Todd smith

Todd smith Supporting Actor

Well I have been researching this stuff for 3 weeks straight and think I just about have a plan together. My room is 15.5 x 11.5. I will have a 32 inch tv on one end (have not decided yet, looking at wega fs with 16/9 option), Denon avr3802, 6 jbl s38's for front, side, and rear surrounds, s-center and 25-31pci. I will have either 2 small chairs or one small couch with 5.5 feet of space behind them for rear speaker space. Still need to find a good dvd/cd player. So what do you guys think of all this. Is this room good size for all this? Open to suggestions.

2. Todd smith

I forgot to post my alternate plan. If the first plan seems like overkill because of room size or whatever, I was also thinking Denon 3802 (or h/k 520) 4jbl s38's, s-center, 25-31pci. So those are the two options that seem very apealing to me.

3. Mike Matheson

Mike Matheson Second Unit

Todd,
    The CD/DVD source you're looking for--could you provide a bit more info regarding what you're looking for (or what's important to you)?
    - multi-disc capability
    - SACD capability
    - DVD-Audio capability
    - progressive video output
    - would you consider separate components-- a DVD player and a multi-disc CD player
    - what's your rough budget for the player(s)
    I'm not familiar with the JBL's myself, but I support your 3802 and SVS PCi decisions. I think you can be looking forward to some serious fun. [​IMG]
    Mike

4. Todd smith

Mike,

Thanks for the reply! I would like to try and get a dvd/cd player all in one, but if there is a better way to go I am open. I would like to have dvd-audio as I hear it is good. Progressive would be nice as well. If the cd is incorporated as well I need a player that can play cdr/rw. I would like to keep the price under a 1000.00, but hopefully well under that.